Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
4 answers
157 views
I have report with enabled localization for English (default) and German. When I change some inner text labels (such as "chart1.PlotArea.EmptySeriesMessage.TextBlock.Text", "chart1.PlotArea.YAxis.AxisLabel.TextBlock.Text" etc) they change in Report.resx and Report.de.resx simultaneously. Why? How can I specify different texts for different languages?
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Jul 2013
2 answers
175 views
hi:
How to change the default tips like 'Done!Click 'Save' to download the file' in sliverlight application?
Squall
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Jul 2013
2 answers
861 views
I have created a report which is displaying data fine using OpenAccessDataSource to retrieve from my database Model.

In the page header I have a text box which should display a string value retrieved using a database query. How can I achieve this? I have looked at adding a second OpenAccessDataSource to the report to run the query but I don't think it is possible using this method. I'm quite new to the ORM concept so apologies if there is an obvious answer.
Karen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Jul 2013
4 answers
1.5K+ views
Is there a way that I can set up an option to allow users to select the Page Size in the Report Viewer? I have reports with Page Setting set to A4, but users would ideally like to be able to select between A4 and Letter size.
Karen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Jul 2013
3 answers
177 views

Good morning and updated Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms control, Version = 7.1.13.612, given me many problems I can not compile my solution and even a blank solution added control and gives the same problem does not give me the property is not drawn in the form ...

That may be the version came with a problem

gc_0620
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Jul 2013
2 answers
1.7K+ views
I am having a very stupid problem.  I have a linetotal field on a report that is databound from a field in a table that is of currency data type.  It is showing on the telerik report as non currency.  No matter how I try to set the format of that textbox to currency "Format("{0:C2}",=fields.linetotal) or just setting the format property to currency, it will not work.  What am I missing here?
Charles
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Jul 2013
4 answers
350 views

We have what we believe followed the instruction for wiring a Telerik report to a data table but cannot get it to run.
The report has it's own class lib and the actual method to call it is in a .net website here is the calling code which produces the datatable with no issues

The source of the report definition has not been specified.

this tool is most frustrating to use...any guidance appreciated

Web interface code

   protected void Run_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    Telerik.Reporting.ObjectDataSource objectDataSource = new Telerik.Reporting.ObjectDataSource();
    objectDataSource.DataSource = GetData();  
    var report = new CallCenterReportLibrary.CSRPerformance();
    report.DataSource = objectDataSource;

    //Pass to viewer
    var instanceReportSource = new Telerik.Reporting.InstanceReportSource();
    instanceReportSource.ReportDocument = report;
    this.ReportViewer1.ReportSource = instanceReportSource;

    ReportViewer1.RefreshReport();
}

private DataTable GetData()
{
    ReportBO objReportBO = new ReportBO();
    ReportBLL objReportBLL = new ReportBLL();

    //Campaigns
    var campaignCollection = ddlCampaign.CheckedItems;
    var campaignList = new StringBuilder();
    foreach (var item in campaignCollection)
    {
        if (item.Checked)
        {
            campaignList.Append(item.Value + ",");
        }
    }

    //Teams
    var teamCollection = ddlTeam.CheckedItems;
    var teamList = new StringBuilder();
    foreach (var item in teamCollection)
    {
        if (item.Checked)
        {
            teamList.Append(item.Value + ",");
        }
    }

    //Agents
    var agentCollection = ddlAgent.CheckedItems;
    var agentList = new StringBuilder();
    foreach (var item in agentCollection)
    {
        if (item.Checked)
        {
            agentList.Append(item.Value + ",");
        }
    }
    objReportBO.StartDate = DateTime.Parse(txtStartDate.SelectedDate.ToString());
    objReportBO.EndDate = DateTime.Parse(txtEndDate.SelectedDate.ToString());
    objReportBO.CampaignId = String.IsNullOrEmpty(campaignList.ToString().TrimEnd(','))== true ? null : campaignList.ToString().TrimEnd(',');
    objReportBO.TeamId = String.IsNullOrEmpty(teamList.ToString().TrimEnd(',')) == true ? null : teamList.ToString().TrimEnd(',');
    objReportBO.AgentId = String.IsNullOrEmpty(agentList.ToString().TrimEnd(',')) == true ? null : agentList.ToString().TrimEnd(',');

    return objReportBLL.LoadCSRPerformanceData(objReportBO);;

Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Jul 2013
1 answer
136 views
Hi! 
What I try to achieve, is to get a Word document with report containing multiple, generic tables.
Let me just go straight to whats wrong:
If for example i generate three tables, which are small enough to fit on one page, everything is fine as on screenshot below:
Small tables OK

But in situation, when table have more rows and it's size exceeds size of a page, strange things happens, blank pages are added and so on:
Big tables - problems screenshot

All i do, is generate tables from code (as many tables as many data I have), then generate one big table with one column and as many rows as tables I've created, and put them inside each row. Then I add this big table to detail section. Playing with properties as keepTogether etc. did not help. Do You have any advice or ideas what could be wrong and how to deal with such problem?

Sincerely,
Bartek
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Jul 2013
1 answer
71 views
hi,
My target is to create report at run time.No configuration at design time.I follow the following link
http://www.telerik.com/help/reporting/object-data-source-how-to-bind-to-data-table.html
which is for windows application.I add the same code in a web application project.But the report shows empty.

Why this code is not working in web application?Any suggestion?Please let me know.
Ivan Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Jul 2013
2 answers
852 views
Somehow, I have spent two days trying to figure out how to do something that should be so simple.  I am using Telerik Reporting Q3 2010.  I have a data source that contains a Boolean value called IsLaborCost, a String Value called CategoryName and a decimal value for CostAmount.  I simple want my table to list the Categories that IsLaborCost is true, then a subtotal, then list the ones where IsLaborCost is false and a subtotal, and then a grand total.

I have tried adding a group and using the IsLaborCost as the Group By, but then it only shows the first category from the group.  I cannot add a child group to that to set it to just show the details.  If I add my initial group and select the Details option, then it shows all of my categories, but they are not grouped where I can add subtotals and such.  What am I missing.  I have read the documentation and played with the samples but cannot seem to get mine to work right.
Joshua
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Jul 2013
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?