Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
3 answers
188 views
What im trying to achive is:

Access Reporting Rest API From a windows application and print a report silently?

It is possible to do that?
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Feb 2014
2 answers
257 views
Hello,
This is actually the first time I have tried to put a chart on a report.
There is a lot of data on the report that comes from the database, but I post process that data and gather some specific information.
A couple pieces of the information is integer values for "Completed" and "Remaining". I set up a couple report parameters to pass this information over to the report, but I cannot seem to figure out how to hook it up to the pie chart.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Feb 2014
5 answers
384 views
I have just installed a fully licensed version of Telerik Reporting Q2 2013.  When I try to Add a New item to a project now, all I get is the "Initializing templates..." window.  The only way out is to kill Visual Studio.  This happens on VS2013 (Update1) and VS2012.  Adding a new item works on VS2010, but my project doesn't.  Has anybody else had this issue?  I have tried repairing the install, uninstalling and reinstalling, and rebooting, all to no avail.
Felice
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Feb 2014
4 answers
622 views
Hello,

I am using Telerik reporting in order to generate report

Now, at present i am binding the Telerik Report with the Dataset
as DataSource.

But, i want to give datasource as the table which is created from
stored Procedure in MSSQL Server 2005.

In short, i dont want to use dataset as Datasource.
I want to bind report with the Stored Procedure.

The reason behind this is, it takes too much time to bind report with
dataset.

If anybody can help me to bind report with stored procedure it will be
great.

Also, if there are any suggestions regarding how to bind report using
dataset by some method which will load report faster, that are most welcome.

Please reply as soon as possible,


Thanks,
Kunal
Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Feb 2014
1 answer
896 views
We are currently using Telerik reporting for a client and are trying to figure out how the licensing works. Currently one developer has the report designer installed and is actively working on implementing reports. However, the visual studio project requires references to telerik reporting dlls in order to run the reports that are being developed. Multiple developers will be working on this project, but in areas not related to the reporting, and subsequently need the dlls available to them in order to compile and run the project. Are we working within the license by following this?
Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Feb 2014
2 answers
86 views
I have a report I have created in Q2 2013 Reporting that looks fine on the browser, looks fine in the preview, but is not exporting correctly.  There is a giant gap between the body and the footer and I'd like it to not be there like all of my other reports are.  I have attached images of the browser, the visual studio preview, and what actually happens when the PDF is exported or printed.  Is there a setting I changed inadvertently that made this happen?  I have several other reports of similar make that do not have this giant gap and will push the footer down dynamically.  Thank you

Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Feb 2014
1 answer
875 views
How do you suppress a repeating column in a report?

My report currently looks like this:

SalesPerson  Product Quotes 
John   Cars 68 
John   Vans 25 
June   Cars 45 
June   Cycles 22 
June   Trucks 17 
Tim    Trailers 16 
Tim    Cars 45 
Tim    Vans 12 
Tim    Tractors 25 

I wish to suppress the name of the salesperson so that it looks like this:
SalesPerson  Product Quotes 
John   Cars 68 
          Vans 25 
June   Cars 45 
          Cycles 22 
         Trucks 17 
Tim    Trailers 16 
     Cars 45 
     Vans 12 
     Tractors 25 

What feature of the report designer allows me to do this? I have tried some grouping actions and it has not worked.



Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Feb 2014
1 answer
285 views
There is  a barcode in pagefootersection. I need to set its value and make it conditionally visible through code. I am able to set its value in code but to implement visible conditionally I need to use Pagenumber object and I am not able to refer this object.I can use it in design but not getting a way to refer it in code. How to refer pagenumber object in code? I want to display barcode if pagenumber=1 and set its value in code.



Babita Banerjee
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Feb 2014
1 answer
177 views
I created a graph in telerik reporting. But I could not get rid of the 0 beside the Y-axis label. See attachment. I've compared with telerik sample reports, they are the same. in coordinate system.
Also, in Capture2.jpg, the y-axis scale is not right. The decimal scale is round as integer. Can we only show 1,2, not 1.5?
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Feb 2014
1 answer
598 views
Hi,

We are using html5 report viewer to render reports. The problem is if the browser window size is changed, how can we auto resize the report, for example the report column width to fit for the browser?

Thank you.
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Feb 2014
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?