Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
7 answers
476 views
Hello,

I am having issues with exporting from the report viewer in certain browsers. In Opera, Chrome, and IE I am able to select a format and  click the export link and export the report. In Firefox I have to select a export format, then refresh the report viewer then I am able to click the export link, but you can't click the link to export unless you refresh after selecting an export format. In Safari I am unable to select a format at all, and cannot click the export link. Any help is greatly appreciated. (If it helps I am using Version 6.0.12.215)

Thanks,
Brad
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Jun 2014
4 answers
297 views
Hi, 
I want to access the Report Parameters in the back end of the report (I am using HTML5 report viewer). As explained for the normal report I have tried accessing the parameters in NeedDataSource. But the value of the parameter is Null even in NeedDataSource. Can you guys explain me this. ? 

Kunal Bagga
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Jun 2014
5 answers
798 views

Hi, it seems like this should be simple, but I must have a scope or a namespace wrong.  Any help would be appreciated.  Using Telerik.Reporting in C#.NET, Winforms.

I am trying to generate a report for an invoice.  Using the Invoice object as a datasource wasn't working for me, so I instead am using the LineItems as the datasource.   However, there is a lot of header data that I don't want to have to use ReportParameters for - I have the Header as an object, so I'd like to reference the Header directly from the designer.

So I have this as my class code: 
    public partial class InvoiceBalancingReport : Telerik.Reporting.Report
    {
        public InvoiceHeader Header { get; set; }

        public InvoiceBalancingReport(Invoice inv)
        {
            //
            // Required for telerik Reporting designer support
            //
            InitializeComponent();

            Header = inv.Header;
            DataSource = inv.LineItems;       
        }

In a TextBox in the PageHeader section of the report, I then have [ = Header.InvoiceID ] as the text value.

But when I run the report, it cannot find the Header object.  So how do I access that public member variable of the report object?

Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Jun 2014
1 answer
153 views
Hello Telerik Team ,
could you please help me  to generate the charts with Graph report item or provide
any helpful demo vedio ?

I am new with Telerik reporting and i want to generate stacked bar/columns
charts on dynamic data on report, data will be filtered on the basis of report
parameter ,I didn't get the solution after lots of try and R&D and now very
frustrated  , i think i was not able to  Arrange Graph fields
(Categories, Series and values )  so ,data was not properly shown with
graph .i have attached the image with graph which i need to shown and data
which i have , please find the attachment.

Awaiting for  your valuable assistance.



Thanks and Regards

Yashwant 





Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Jun 2014
1 answer
355 views
Hello Telerik Team ,

could anyone help me please to generate the charts with Graph item or provide any helpful demo vedio ?
I am new with Telerik reporting and i want to generate stacked bar/columns charts on dynamic data on report, data will be filtered on the basis of report parameter ,I didn't get the solution after lots of try and R&D and now very frustrated  , i think i was not able to  Arrange Graph fields (Categories, Series and values )  so ,data was not properly shown with graph .i have attached the image with graph which i need to shown and data which i have please find the attachment.

Awaiting your valuable assistance

Thanks and Regards
Yashwant 



 
Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Jun 2014
5 answers
314 views
Hello,

I am implementing  project using asp.net mvc 4 platform. I have used telerik report viewer in this project in order to view and export reports.  The requirement is that the report needs to be exported using code and set a dynamic image in this report. There was no problem in exporting the report using code, but i am facing problem to set an image to this report dynamically to the report using code. Specifying again, this needs to be implemented using MVC 4.

The image needs to be set on certain selection e.g. if a company name is selected from list, the logo of that company would be the image to set dynamically(through code).

Someone kindly help me

Thank you,
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Jun 2014
15 answers
1.6K+ views
I have a report with groupings. There are some groups which go for several pages.
Obviously, if you're looking at a page you want to know which group the data items belong to.

The simple solution is to set the PrintOnEveryPage property to True.

The problem is, by looking at a page you cannot tell if this is the start of the group or the continuation from a previous page.

If I can just get it to look slightly different, or display an additional text box ("continued) that would be good.

Is there some Formatting Rule I can apply here?


Sheeraz
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Jun 2014
1 answer
98 views
I've managed to create a report with multiple panels and nested (collapsable) table and table rows that worked properly with the 6.2.12.1123 version of the Telerik Reports. Upgrading to the latest version (8.0.14.507) proved to be a great disaster since most of report functionality does not work as previously thus made upgrade impossible.

To be more specific, I've encounter the following issues:
 * Print layout mode produces additional blank page at the end.
 * Report docked panels do not print correctly (they overlap)
 * Report headers expand without reasons.

To demonstrate the issues, I've attached several files showing the issues on this thread:
http://www.telerik.com/forums/how-to-suppress-conditional-text-boxes-and-nested-tables#035DsYbtL0iaaLao3kH7pQ

I would like some help regarding the issues. 

Many thanks
Chris


Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Jun 2014
1 answer
192 views
Hi there,

is it possible to have a list of objects with three lists inside, create a graph inside a list, bind the the list to the parent list and show data from two of the child lists in my graph?

I did this with tables and that worked perfect for me, but I have no idea if it works with graphs and if, how it could work.

Any hint?

Best regards
Manfred
Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Jun 2014
2 answers
156 views
Hi Telerik Team!
Our firm is considering of using telerik reports.
We are going  to show it on Sharepoint web.
We also need to manage it for example in WPF application or by SharePoint Web Part. I know there is standalone designer where we can design or modify reports, but now I have to download report.trdx modify it in standalone designer, save it and again upload it to the sharepoint.

Is there a designer as a control which I could embed in my applications?

For example I have got report.trdx on Sharepoint list, by one click I open it in
designer and after modification I save it again to the Sharepoint List.

Second question:
Is there possibility of using custom controls as a parameter value chooser? For example a tree or slider?

Best Regards
Tomek
Tomasz
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Jun 2014
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?