Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
4 answers
504 views

 I am using the needdatasource event on the subreport to get data:

      

 Private Sub TimesheetParityBreakdownReport_NeedDataSource(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.NeedDataSource
       
        Dim item As Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportItemBase = TryCast(sender, Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportItemBase)
        Dim dataRow As DataRow = DirectCast(item.DataObject.RawData.row, DataRow)
        Dim oDataSource As New System.Web.UI.WebControls.ObjectDataSource

        oDataSource.SelectMethod = "SafeTelerikReportNewTimesheetParityBreakdown"
        oDataSource.TypeName = "SafeTelerikReportWS.SafeTelerikReportService"
        Dim session As Guid
        session = dataRow("SessionID")

        oDataSource.SelectParameters.Add("SessionID", session.ToString)
        oDataSource.SelectParameters.Add("DivisionRef", dataRow("DivisionRef"))
        oDataSource.SelectParameters.Add("DepartmentRef", dataRow("DepartmentRef"))
        oDataSource.SelectParameters.Add("ToDate", dataRow("ToDate"))
        oDataSource.SelectParameters.Add("NoOfWeeks", dataRow("NoOfWeeks"))
        oDataSource.SelectParameters.Add("PersonnelRef", dataRow("PersonnelRef"))
        oDataSource.SelectParameters.Add("ClientRef", dataRow("ClientRef"))
        oDataSource.SelectParameters.Add("JobDescription", dataRow("JobTitle"))

        oDataSource.Select()
        oDataSource.DataBind()
        Me.DataSource = oDataSource
    End Sub

   the parameters are being passed to the subreport are stuck on the first row data values from the mainreport.

   ie I have a 100 different rows in the main report and the subreport comes out eveytime based on rows 1 values.
i need each subreport to be based on the each detail items of the main report

     

   I also need to know how to run the subreport ondemand, so that it automatically doesnt call the subreport 100 times for example.

   I have various field on the main report which i can use to show subreport. I'd like it so when i click to open one subreport, any open ones should close.

  
using Q2 2010 reporting

 Thanks

Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Aug 2014
2 answers
122 views
When I export my report to pdf, the details section is going out of the bounds of the report.

When I look at the report in the preview, it looks perfect, but the pdf is expanding out the details section past the rest of the sections.

(see attached images for preview vs. pdf)
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Aug 2014
1 answer
1.3K+ views
I am getting blank pages when exporting to PDF. I have already followed the steps in the outdated 7 year old KB article: http://www.telerik.com/support/kb/reporting/details/problem-telerik-reporting-renders-blank-pages with no success. My report is only 6.5 inches wide and is wrapping the text as expected to keep in within the 6.5 inches. It prints fine except for the extra blank pages. My Report consists of a master report with a subreport.

I am not sure what can be done to fix this. The blank pages are happending after the end of the sub-report. I tried setting the backgrounds to diff colors and it seemsthat the master report detail is whats showing up as the background.  I have attached a copy of an export to pdf, i have also attached a screen shot of my report designer for the detail and header:




Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Aug 2014
2 answers
370 views
Hello,

I am new to telerik and using telerik report designer (standalone) v8.1.14.804 
When i try to connect to MySql using the connection string: Server=localhost;Database=dbname;Uid=username;Pwd=pass;
i get this error:
Failed to find or load the registered .net framework data provider.

Please note that i have installed mysql .net connector.

Please advise.
Regards.
Farah
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Aug 2014
1 answer
348 views
Hello

We are trying to create a report that contains a PCL escape sequence for a HP printer to read and then generate a 2D barcode using the Barcodejet software installed on the printer.

<esc>27(s0p0v20,0b24830TBARCODE.<esc>

Is it possible to insert the PCL escape sequence into a Telerik report and if so what is the escape character that should be used to represent the start of the escape sequence?

Thanks in advance

Joel
Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Aug 2014
3 answers
200 views
Report Designer stopped working after adding 2 db fields.
Can neither Preview Data in Existing Reports, or Design New Reports,  

Fortuneately Production still works.
  I did clean build, add-migration & update-database successfully, clean build;
  Copied (2) project dll's from Bin to ReportDesigner folder (overwrote last ones).
  EntityFramework.dll already there - unchanged.
  Telerik.ReportDesigner.exe.config - left unchanged

I even hand added (into .trdx text file) one of the new entity class fields to appear in an existing trdx report, it worked in production.
  At a standstill with Telerik Report Designer

Preview Data gets msg - Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.  On ALL Existing reports, same msg.

Incidentally, Telerik.Reporting & Telerik.Reporting.Services.WebApi are Q3 2013 7.2.13.1016
Have from Jan 2013-2014 DevCraft Ultimate Bundle - [I know, need to resubscribe]

Have learned a ton following many Telerik Documentation, Tutorial & Blog posts.

Using VSO to checkin & autobuild into Azure-Web (with Azure-SQL [dev & prod db same right now, I know not good, but helps in this issue])
Running Visual Studio 2012.  MVC5, EF5. - [I know, need to upgrade]

Tried attaching VS Debugger to Telerik.ReportDesigner.exe process - couldn't get it to trap error when Designer displays it.
Tried Assembly Binding Log Viewer, wouldn't show anything.
Tried on a second workstation - same issue.... - havent tried a new workstation from scratch.
How can we trap that error.

Editing existing reports, the New fields do show up in Data Explorer ok.  E.g. fPhone1, fPhone2;
  however, click preview, get error

2nd Problem, Try to Create New Report, when choosing context, dropdown never gets populated, stays blank?
looked @ both AppData\..\Telerik..\user.config & Telerik.ReportDesigner.exe.config for anything out the ordinary.  Seemed ok.

Is there another way we can trap the error better
Best
-Jason
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Aug 2014
1 answer
231 views
I have created a sample project here, please download it and let me know what is the issue?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/98ufwhrgnj19bdw/SampleReportTest.zip

I need help in generating a sample report can you please help?
I create a design report file and assign it a ObjectDataSource where its datasource is a class.

In my code behind, I give a datatable with the same fields as of the class to render on my report, but its just doesn’t display the rows? Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

See sample project from my dropbox link above. Also, note once I build the dataexplorer shows no fields/properties of the objectDataSource1.

Rajiv 
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Aug 2014
1 answer
210 views
Hi,

I am trying to conditionally skip code when in design mode, and normally use the following:

if (LicenseManager.UsageMode == LicenseUsageMode.Designtime)
               return;

However, when previewing reports hooked up to a temporary objectdatasource, this above code does not work.  Is there a way to determine if I am in report preview mode?  The reason I ask is that I want to bypass the _NeedDataSource event if I am in VS and previewing the report.

Thanks,
David A.
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Aug 2014
1 answer
83 views
Hello Everyone

I have a reporting service running on a server with cross-orgin enabled, and i am accessing the reports using report viewer on my client side.
This works well on following browsers (Firefox, Chrome , IE-Edge, IE-10) except on IE 9.

when i run it on IE 9 it gives me a script error

SCRIPT1014: Invalid character
File: telerikReportViewer-8.1.14.618.js, Line: 726, Column: 17

Is there something i am missing somewhere because i even tried different versions of ReportViewer but i still get the error.

Thanks In advance


KS
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Aug 2014
1 answer
130 views
I am trying to source a field from a Method instead of a Property on the Object, is there anyway to accomplish this?

public class MyObject()
{
   public PropertyA{get;set;}
   public string GetValue(string Name)
    { 
        return "XYZ";
    }
}

In my Dynamic Report I am trying to do something like:

rowTextBox.Value = "=GetValue(\"" + columns[i].Name +"\")";
dataTable.DataSource = new List<MyObject>();



But it doesn't appear to find and execute the method.  Any ideas?
Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Aug 2014
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?