Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
128 views
Is there a tutorial that I can distribute to my end users to help them with the Standalone Report Designer?   This was available with the Q1 2012 vertion and was a great tool for pitching  Telerik as a reporting solution. There was also a video targeted to the end user  that went over the basics of using the Standalone Reporter Designer.    
Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Mar 2015
3 answers
190 views
How might I go about showing an average star rating of 2.75 out of 5 similar to the UI for ASP.NET AJAX RadRating control on a report?
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Mar 2015
1 answer
254 views
When I try to preview a report in the designer I receive the following error:

"Could not load file or assembly 'Beacon.Utilities, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture-neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

My reports project does have this reference and the issue doesn't occur if I run the report at runtime; only when previewing in the report designer. The assembly referenced above has com interop dependencies. How can I preview reports without getting this error?
Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Mar 2015
2 answers
211 views
Hi there,

I tired to update my report viewer to a newer version and added the .xaml files to my project.
But there is som estrange behavior:
I added all five files as described in the documentation to the project, but with two files it says they can not be found, the others are there, like shwon in the attached screenshot.

Any idea about that?

Best regards
Manfred
Manfred
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 13 Mar 2015
1 answer
274 views
Hi people
I have a problem with CSV export. When I export a report with a table embedded in another table all data from embedded table disappear in CSV file. What can I do to show all data using embedded tables?

Regards
Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Mar 2015
1 answer
85 views
I have a report which I would like to print a summary of the current report parameters on the last page.  I am using the Report Designer and the report currently has multiple sections to control summary totals with the tables and charts.  That part works fine.  I created a new section with an empty header and a footer that contains a textbox with the report parameters I want to print.  Set the property of the footer section to Visible=True and PageBreak=Before.  The textbox prints, however there is no page break.  It seems that the textbox is merged into the last footer section.  Is there a limit to the number of sections Report Designer can use?  I am currently trying to use four sections.
Rick
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Mar 2015
1 answer
199 views
I wish to change the database the connection string is pointed to based upon a Reporting parameter. Is that possible? Or do I have to use the ChangeConnectionString class I found on another thread.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to have a parameter called @dbid and have the connectionstring be:

<ConnectionString Name="DynamicConnection" ConnectionString="Data Source=servername;Initial Catalog=@dbid;Integrated Security=True"
                            ProviderName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

All within the designer. Is this possible?

Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Mar 2015
3 answers
526 views
Hi,

I have created trdx file from telerik Report designer and I have added a table layout with columns from sql datasource now I want to access it my ASP.NEt application there I have used this code 

 var settings = new System.Xml.XmlReaderSettings();
        settings.IgnoreWhitespace = true;

        using (System.Xml.XmlReader xmlReader = System.Xml.XmlReader.Create("C:\\Lisensining\\Report1.trdx", settings))
        {
            var xmlSerializer = new Telerik.Reporting.XmlSerialization.ReportXmlSerializer();
            var reportDocument = (Telerik.Reporting.Report)xmlSerializer.Deserialize(xmlReader);
            var reportSource = new InstanceReportSource();
      
            reportSource.ReportDocument = reportDocument;

            
            SqlConnectionStringBuilder scsb = new SqlConnectionStringBuilder();
            scsb.UserID = "sa";
            scsb.Password = "root";
            scsb.InitialCatalog = DataBaseName;
            scsb.DataSource = SErverName;
            Telerik.Reporting.SqlDataSource sds = (Telerik.Reporting.SqlDataSource)reportDocument.DataSource;
            if (sds != null)
                sds.ConnectionString = scsb.ConnectionString;

            this.SetConnectionString(reportDocument.Items, connectionString);
 
         
            this.ReportViewer1.ReportSource = reportSource;
            this.ReportViewer1.RefreshReport();
            
         
        }

It is working great and showing all the records from database table  but as I add filters to code report does not show any record
 Telerik.Reporting.Filter filter1 = new Filter("Fields.[ProductName]", FilterOperator.Equal, "Vista");
            reportDocument.Filters.Add(filter1);  

Now report viewer does not show any thing :(



Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Mar 2015
1 answer
307 views
Hi all

We have a .NET web site that uses the Telerik bootstrap theme.

When we add a web form report viewer to our site the toolbar in the report viewer displays incorrectly - please see attached image.

Everything works fine but some of the elements in the toolbar look as though they are being skinned by the skin and others aren't.

What is the solution to this to either...

1. Skin the whole report viewer using the Telerik theme so it looks consistent or
2. Stop the report viewer from trying to pick up the skin/theme.

Thanks in advance.
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Mar 2015
1 answer
183 views
I'm creating a report where user will select the application type as soon as the user selects application type a country list (multi selection drop down list) is pouplated once the user selects the countries from the multi list I want the report to display the selected countries as columns to the report.
I tried to create a stored procedure but unable to Please help me its really aurgent.

Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Mar 2015
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?