Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
2 answers
228 views

Hi,

I'm wondering if Winform Reportviewer could export Excel file (.xls) which is same format as CSV (column by column) or not. If there is no official way to do, is there any other workaround way ? Please note CSV is not the file I need

Ivan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Dec 2016
3 answers
603 views

I have enabled the parameter area in the report (HTML5) and was able to render custom controls, but it is not wide enough. I want to increase the width from 15em to 22em. 

I have tried to update the css of the telerikviewer to 22em, but then the report area slides under the parameter area. I haven't found what is calculating the width of the report viewer itself. Is that done in javascript, or described in css.

Can you help me how to increase the width of the parameter area?

Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Dec 2016
1 answer
102 views

Hello,

Is there any way I can express custom metadata as documentation to the user for object properties? 

I'm looking at a way to display more meaningful information in the area marked in red in the attached screenshot.

 

Best regards, 

Magnus

 

Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Dec 2016
7 answers
440 views

Hi, Im trying to use overlay shape to create the style I wants, please refer to the image below

https://unsee.cc/nomugira/.

(1): is the style I want

(2): is what it is actually displaying

 

Notice also on the top left corner, it should be a red circle, but for some reason it made the whole 'design box' red, so not just the circle is red but the whole area.

 

Is there a way around this? or perhaps another way to achieve the same effect?

 

Thanks

Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Dec 2016
1 answer
761 views

I need to perform a calculation and show the result in the Page Header of my report.

The calculation comes from 3 different data sources:  The report-scoped data source, and 2 separate data sources that are being bound to 2 tables in the Report Footer.

I'm able to get the values I need from the report-scoped data source, as follows:

= exec("ReportName", sum(Fields.Amount))

I have not been able to determine how to access the fields from the other 2 data sources.  I've tried numerous ways to access the scope, but I always get "invalid scope" error.  I've tried:

= exec ("My2ndDataSourceName", sum(Fields.Amount))

= exec ("My2ndTableName", sum(Fields.Amount))

= exec ("ReportName.My2ndTableName", sum(Fields.Amount))

I can't find good examples in the documentation that describe how to access scopes other than the top-level "report" scope.

Thanks

 

Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Dec 2016
8 answers
614 views
I am building a 1 page report, which requires that I have a few images along the entire length of the right side of the report.  It also requires that I display a field vertically along the right side of the report. Please look at attachment for example. 
I haven't seen how to do this, or if it is even possible ..
thanks for any help.
-Mike.
Katia
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Dec 2016
7 answers
315 views
Hi all,

  am using telerik reporting chart.

please tell me how to do mouse hover option in pie, line charts etc.

previously i used radchart. so i can able to do mouse hover option.

protected void chartPie_ItemDataBound(object sender, ChartItemDataBoundEventArgs e)
        {
           
                    e.SeriesItem.Name = ((DataRowView)e.DataItem)["lab_name"].ToString();
                    e.SeriesItem.ActiveRegion.Tooltip = ((DataRowView)e.DataItem)["lab_name"].ToString();
                }


But  in telerik reporting chart, the event does not contain ChartItemDataBoundEventArgs .so i cant do like as below..

How to do it in telerik reporting chart?


Thanks for any help


Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Dec 2016
1 answer
101 views

Hi there,

after updating our reporting service to 10.2.16.914 we found this issue:

if using TextFields (like txtPeriodHeader) and set Value in a NeedDataSource event, they are empty.

After resetting to 9.2.16.1216 everything worked as expected.

txtPeriodHeader.Value = String.Format("{0} - {1}", StartDatum.ToShortDateString(), periodEnd.AddMonths(1).AddDays(-1).ToShortDateString());

This works in 9.2.16.1216 as expected, in 10.2.16.914 we got empty fields.

Best regards

Manfred

Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Dec 2016
3 answers
845 views

Hi,

I need To print 2 headers respectively to there data  in a report.

    i.e.:       - print the first Header on every page until it's data section all printed

                 - then break the page and start the next page with the 2nd Header and keep going with the second Header until the end of the report.

I tried binding in the Header Section  and set  

"PrintOnEveryPage" to : PageExec( "DetailSection...and other Items", Count(Fields.TriedManyItemFromDataObject)>0)

but it is returning a 0 all the way. I checked your invoice example to understand the function specially the scope parameter and I see that you are using "lineTotalDataTextBox" as scope in you examples. Could you explain why you are choosing only this textBox ?

 

I will appreciate any help in Advance.

Thanks.

 

Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Dec 2016
5 answers
3.3K+ views

I must be missing something obvious but I am unable to create a 'simple' grouped table according to the following layout:

-------------------

| GROUP1

| -item1

| -item2

| GROUP2

| -item3

| -item4

-------------------

The datasource i am using is flat.( Item1 { Group ="GROUP1", Name = "item1"}) etc.

Is it even possible to do this with a single table? I've been going at it for about two hours now, i've seen all kinds of results, but not what i need :-)

 

 

Katia
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Dec 2016
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?