Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
3 answers
213 views
Hi.
I'm creating reports which contains horizontal bar chart.
I want to show the y axis in text form other than numeric, how can do it.
I tried to do it but its giving error.
Please help to solve the problem.
Anoop.
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Feb 2008
2 answers
162 views
I've create a report that contains a table-like fields, the report run just fine, but when i preview it as "HTML preview" it shifts some fields to the right, How can I avoid this one? Is there any way to Preview it as PDF directly in the HTML form (I mean in the Reportviewer1)?
Thanks,
Hisham Abbas
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Feb 2008
2 answers
159 views
We are experiencing a problem which I believe is due to a subreport.  We are using v2.0.0.0 at the moment.  All of our reports can render and export to PDF fine except 1.  That report renders fine, but when export to PDF is selected, the users PC just hangs and w3wp.exe on the server gradually consumes memory and processor.  We killed it on the server after an hour when the memory grew to 600MB and processors were at 90.  The only difference we can see in this report is that it has a subreport.  Is there a known problem with exporting a report with a subreport in v2, and if so, was this fixed in the the service pack?  It's an old report that used to export fine before the subreport was added.

Thanks.
Joel
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 20 Feb 2008
6 answers
171 views
I found that the print function in the report viewer can only work once. After the 1st successful print. You will not be able to click the print function again. This bug also exists at the online demo.
cheekl
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 19 Feb 2008
1 answer
124 views
I have an existing PDF and would like to populate some areas on the form using values from fields of an ASPX page form.

is this possible to do with Telerik (reporting) in some way?  If so, how?

I can create the fields on the PDF to be populated using Acrobat if necessary, but also have Telerik Reporting.  Not sure what all it can do (besides OUTput to PDF).

Thanks for any assistance.

Mark
Ivan
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Feb 2008
3 answers
135 views
I'm working on a new report that will have a number of pictures embedded in it. This report is being exported to PDF and downloaded by users for printing. When testing a report that has two pictures in it, each 1.8mb jpegs, the size of the PDF is 40MB!

What I'm wondering is if this bloat is normal for PDF's and if there is a way to decrease the file size?
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Feb 2008
1 answer
416 views
If I set a picture to ScaleProportional then when it scales it seems to center itself horizontally within the picture box. How can I get it scale proportional yet stay aligned to the left of the picture box?
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Feb 2008
3 answers
537 views
Hi guys,

I think you must be hating me because in the last days I have not done more than boring you with small things, but in the end, everything is to improve what already in essence is good .

There is another (Not especially important this time):

When I have textboxes on page header and detail sections, and i would move to right or left, I can of course select both of them together but when I'll try to move them the only textboxes that will be moved are the ones that they are on the section that i click to drag. If I drag on one of the items of the page header only the items selected on page header are moving, anyway all are selected, the items on page header and the items on detail together.

It forces me to make the work twice, and of course after that review the result to align with the other section.

It's not very important but you should to consider it to the next version along with the moving and resize items with keyboard.

Thanks for you time.

Regards

David Tomás

P. D. Sorry to all about my bad  english...
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Feb 2008
19 answers
660 views
I have found this in the examples to generate a pdf document from a report:

byte[] buffer = ReportProcessor.Render("PDF", report, null, out mimeType, out extension, out encoding);

"PDF" is passed as a hardcoded argument in this method call. What are the other strings that will work? I found that "HTML" works too, but what about "xls" and "doc"?  These don't seem to work to export to Excel and Word.

Also, will this argument remain a hardcoded string, or will this evolve into another type of argument, like an enumeration, an interface, ...?
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Feb 2008
1 answer
154 views
I have a report that has a full size image. If I export the report to PDF my memory usage for the w3wp.exe jumps up over 200MB for the rendering. That seems like an excessive use of memory. Any way this can be decreased?

Also, if I set the Sizing property of the image to AutoSize then the memory usage increases until I get an OOM error. Seems like a bug. If I set it to ScaleProportional then seems to max out at 200MB of usage.
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Feb 2008
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?