Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
3 answers
131 views
Hi,

I just downloaded Reporting trail version. So far have a great experience and feel good. Now I am try to create chart reports.

Could anyone guide me on how to create a Line Chart? Kind of step by step guide?

Appreciate you time and efforts.

Thanks In Advance

Nirmal Kumar
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Jan 2009
5 answers
190 views
Hi,

I am using telerik report.it is working fine in my local machine. But when I try to upload to server it was showing me some error like 
System.Security.Policy.PolicyException: Required permissions cannot be acquired.

I copied all dlls also. Can anyone tell me what will be the problem? Is it related to trust level?



Regards,
Jincy
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jan 2009
0 answers
107 views

Hi..

    Still i am in confusion by how to get the passed parameter in the web form in the rum time..

For example i am passing a date thru web form & how to get that date to display in the telerik reports' header..

                                                                                                By Suriya Narayanan

Suriya
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 19 Jan 2009
0 answers
157 views

Hi..

    I am againg Suriya ., This time i have problem while passsing the date value as parameter..

How can a date value should pass to the report..

                                                By Suriya Narayanan

Suriya
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 19 Jan 2009
1 answer
498 views
I have data that is dynamic, so I am creating the report programmatically.   So I am creating textboxes through code.  Say one of my fields has text that is 10 characters in length.   How can I create a SizeU to assign to the size property so that it will fit all 10 of my characters (without going under or over)? 

What I'm trying to do is set the widths of all my textbox fields to be the maximum length of my data so my report looks nice.
Jafin
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 19 Jan 2009
1 answer
365 views
Hi

I'm new to Telerik Report perhaps you could help.

I've created a new report which binds to an object I created previously. The report runs OK but never produces any data. I have initialised the report as here: -

    Public Sub New(ByVal OnlineBookingData As ClassWebInterface.cwiOnlineBooking.OnlineBookingData)

        InitializeComponent()
        Me.DataSource = OnlineBookingData.SummaryItemList

    End Sub

OnlineBookingData.SummaryItemList is an arraylist of objects including fields I want to include in the report. I have confirmed that the SummaryItemList contains data but nothing show on the report.

Have I missed something?

Any help appreciated.

Regards,
Mike

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jan 2009
1 answer
182 views
Hi,
One of the things I am interested in, is this reporting tools ability to deal with data that is in a dataset. I can see from the documentation that it supports dataset, but so does Crystal reports, it just does it in a bad way (IMHO)

I have an existing application, all the data comes from a SQL server or VistaDB database.

I want to be able to feed this data to the report. I don't want the report engine to have to connect to the database and get the data itself. It should be able to use a dataset that I have already prepared in my code base.

That just leaves the question on how to design the report. I don't have a problem connecting to the sql server or vista db at design time to access the data structure for design purposes. However I want at run time to replace the design time datasource with the dataset in my application. This is where Crystal gets to hard, as it always seems to want to hang onto the design time datasource connection details, and you end up having to have the crystal report engine do its own connection and data selection.

Is this easy to do in your tool? Can you provide a code sample on how this is done ?

I would expect to simply be able to say telerikReport.datasource = ds.tables(0)...... and any design time connection information is destroyed..

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jan 2009
1 answer
199 views

Helo.,

             I am tried fro the report using passing parameter using stored function.. using sqladapter..

but now i need to pass parameter from web form using sqladapter., so plz answer my question..

             

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jan 2009
9 answers
706 views
Hi,

I am using the script I found in another thread to export my reports directly to PDF. It is simple and works great. However, the size of the resulting PDFs seems too large. A single letter size page with one small logo and just text exports to 1.6 MB. If there a setting or something I can play with to help render these to a smaller file size?

Thanks

John

PS - I tried the same report without the logo and it only reduced the size by 0.1 MB.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jan 2009
11 answers
372 views
I have a website that I am testing in Firefox 3.0.  When a User clicks on a part number a rad window opens up with more detail information.  This rad window also contains a Print button to print the part information, and it is coded to not open a report viewer, but to open the print dialog immediately.   This works perfectly in IE 6 and IE 7, but not in Firefox 3.0, and I do have the adobe reader add-on installed for Firefox.

Here is the code-behind for the print button:
            Me.ReportViewer1.Report = New ShowPartInfoRpt 
            Me.ReportViewer1.Report.DataSource = Me._ProductInfo 
 
            Dim printScript = String.Format("{0}.PrintReport();", Me.ReportViewer1.ClientID) 
            Me.ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(Me.GetType(), "ReportPrint", printScript, True) 

The ReportViewer is contained in a <div> with a style of "display: none;".

Is there another add-on that I am missing for Firefox 3.0? or any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Edited:
I did change the last line of the code sample above to show a normal alert with a simple message of "Test Show Alert", and this was shown successfully when clicking the Print button.  When I change it back to the sample noted above, the print dialog does not appear, nor does the report print.


James
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 12 Jan 2009
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?