Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
12 answers
296 views
Hi, I have added to a solution a Telerik Report.
When start the wizard I have select "BusinessObject" in datasource option, when I click "Next >" VisualStudio freeze....:-(

Thank for any suggestion
Giorgio
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 28 May 2009
1 answer
259 views
Hello
I have table structure with headers of columns in my web  reports.After extracting the  report to pdf ,I see table headers (column names ) in my first pdf page ..However if tables shrinks down to the other pages  , table headers is not vsible on second ,third...pages .
I need to show table header /column names on this pages as well.How can I program it ?

Thanks a lot in advance
Regards
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 28 May 2009
1 answer
101 views
Hi,

I want to create sub reports, I can able to create normal reports but haven't used creating sub-reports.

is there any video creating sub reports or documentation in detail.

Thanks.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 28 May 2009
4 answers
447 views
Hi,

I place few textboxes in the details section which i am displaying data through programmatically. And i am doing conditional formatting with few of the textboxes with changing the background colors and everything works. But Few textboxes contains lot of text which shows increasing height and few of them are small but does increase the height. I did conditional formatting to change the background colors of these small textboxes which does not increase in height as the other textboxes so that the height is equally to details section.

Even i try in code but does not effect anything for small textboxes.

Public Sub New()
        InitializeComponent()
        DisplayData()
        M1.Height = Me.detail.Height
        M2.Height = Me.detail.Height
        M3.Height = Me.detail.Height
        M4.Height = Me.detail.Height
        M5.Height = Me.detail.Height
        M6.Height = Me.detail.Height
        M7.Height = Me.detail.Height
        M8.Height = Me.detail.Height
        M9.Height = Me.detail.Height
End Sub



Pleae tell me how to increase the height of the textboxes dynamically what ever height of details section.

Thanks.

Regards
Syed Arshad
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 28 May 2009
3 answers
73 views
Hi,

I've tried Reporting Q1 09 SP1. It seems something's wrong with Docking function in the below scenario.

- I've created a report, and added 2 groups to my report (groupHeaderSection1/groupFooterSection1 & groupHeaderSection2/groupFooterSection2).
- Drag & drop "TextBox" from ToolBox to group1, change its "Docking" property to "Left". It's working over here.
- But, when I drag & drop textbox from ToolBox or copy textbox from group1 to group2, Docking property over here seems not working.

Is it a bug or do I miss something???

Thanks,
Sandy
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 27 May 2009
2 answers
195 views
Hi,

I am trying to make conditional formatting GroupFooterSection2(GroupFooterSection) but i could not able to do. I am getting errors,  "An error has occured while processing TextBox 'TextBox12': The expression contains object 'Textbox12' that is not defined in the current context".

I am generating the report through programatically,  the values are displaying on the report. I place a textbox in the group footer section2 and try to sum of the columns and textbox value is =sum(Fields.M1).

The total sum value is displaying but when i trying to do conditional formatting i am getting an error. 

I just want to change the color of the sum textbox if it greater than 120.

Please tell me how to overcome with this problem.

Thanks.

Regards
Arshad

Please tell me how to overcome with this problem
Syed
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 May 2009
1 answer
163 views
Hi,

I am displaying a report in a browser. I have  one parameter "employeeid"  in a report and i am trying to get the vlaue of the parameter from outside the report.

Let me tell the situation from where the value is coming from.

I have two web pages,  the first one contains some employees information and another one is displaying a report on this page.
And i am passing a querystring(employeeid information) from the first page to report page, which i am storing in parameter(employeeid).

I see a video parameter query but cannot able to get the concept.

Please tell me how to get the value of parameter which i am sending from the outside the report.

thanks.

Regards
Syed Arshad
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 27 May 2009
3 answers
212 views
We currently use a product called Stimulsoft reporting. We have various issues with it and i'm looking around at alternatives. A few questions I have are:

- Does Telerik reporting have a preview window I could embed in a windows form?
- Does Telerik reporting have a designer i could embed in my windows form app?
- Does Telerik reporting enable .NET behind it's reports?
- Can reports be saved out to external report files that can easily be distributed?

Many thanks

Rob
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 26 May 2009
1 answer
178 views
Hi,

Please give me a practical example to work with chart in reporting. Specially if you look the following link, i find Char/Secondary Y-Axis.
http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/chart/examples/functionality/yaxis2/defaultcs.aspx

I want example with programatically like connecting with array type or ado.net.

Because i have four Y-Axis in my requirement.

Thanks.

Regards
Arshad

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 25 May 2009
1 answer
88 views

Hi,

I created a report with a wizard and its working well.

At below the detail space i drag a drop the chart. when i see the preview i cannot able to see the chart.

Simple again i drop a textbox to test whether its displaying any value from the textbox or not. Even i cannot able to see any thing.

I would like to once the data is generated from the wizard, can we not able to place any controls in the detail section.

Moreover, i would like to know how to connect the report through programmatcially. Please give me a practical example.

Thanks.

Regards
Syed Arshad

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 25 May 2009
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?