Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
116 views
I'm not sure if this can be done or not. I've looked through the documentation and haven't found anything as of yet. I'm trying to figure out if we can build telerik reports and add/copy the report to an already live existing project without the need to add the report to the project or solution and then recompiling the project. We are often asked to add a report to a site that is already active. We currently using active reports which can do this, but we are looking at moving to telerik reports. We build our projects to actively look at a certain directory to show the current list of reports to choose from to run. We often will build a new report and add it to the directly without recompiling the project to recognize the new report.

Can anyone help with an answer?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Jul 2009
3 answers
208 views
When a report parameter accepts null values how can I change the displayed text of the tickbox from 'null' to 'All'?

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Jul 2009
1 answer
155 views
Hello,

      Just like to ask, does telerik support sorting for other culture like SQL does (Through Collation)? Example for Taiwan culture it sorted by strokes and for china it sorted by pronunciation using SQL. If not, does telerik intend to cater for this?

Thanks.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Jul 2009
3 answers
250 views
I've noticed that, when entering a parameter's value within this editor dialog, if you use the "Edit Expression" screen to generate the value's new text then it automatically puts an equals sign, '=', at the beginning of both the boolean constant values. This seems to cause the text to be treated as a string rather than as a boolean, and it gives you an "unable to convert string to a boolean" error, (or similar), as it's trying to parse the text "=True" into a boolean.
Removing the equals sign resolves the error, but as it took me a while to realise this I wanted to let everyone else know, and also to see if Telerik are aware of this.

Paul
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Jul 2009
1 answer
113 views
Hi,
         I am using Telerik Reporting Q2 2008 service. I want to generate tabular reports by using Crosstab & Table reporting controls.
I want to know how to add these controls in toolbox? Also I want to know how to add & work with crosstab & table wizards?
Which DLL's should I add to work with these contols?
          Please reply....
       
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jul 2009
3 answers
249 views
I am trying to convert some of our reports from ActiveReports (5.2.1013.2) to Telerik Reports (Q1 2009).  While using the Telerik Report Wizard, I am able to select ActiveReports from the Available Converters and browse to the dll that contains the ActiveReports reports.  After I select the dll, no reports appear.  Please provide some insight on this problem. 
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jul 2009
1 answer
398 views
Where can I find a detailed list of the HTML tags supported by the HTMLTextBox control in Telerik Reports? I need to write a converter program to convert text stored as RTF to HTML and would like to limit the output to only tags that Telerik Reports will support.

Thanks in advance!
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jul 2009
3 answers
330 views
I am not finding any examples in the documentation on this.

I have two report parameters, and I want to populate their values in the code-behind.  The first one to be populated with a static (string) list.  The second one to be populated from a SQL datasource.

Can you point me towards some sample code for this?
Thanks

Dan
Hrisi
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jul 2009
1 answer
131 views
Hi,

I am binding the Table to Barchart programmatically.

ID Status Value Type
--------------------------------------------------
1 Status1         100         Type1
2 Status2         300          Type1
3 Status3            200         Type2
4 Status1         400 Type2
5 Status2         400 Type2
6 Status3            200         Type2

My requirement is 
a) Status should be series.
b) Type should be grouped in X axis
c) Value should be in Y axis

Kindly please tell me how to do this?

Regards,
Jones

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jul 2009
1 answer
326 views

I have a dataset that contains multiple tables in it. What I want to do is find a way to take the values(and when I say "values" I do mean the plural "values") from a column within one table of the dataset and display them in a  textbox. When I try to feed the values into an arraylist the values do not display correctly in design time. (Just shows the namespace object in the preview tab of VisualStudio) When I add the values to a string, I get the last value in the column which doesn't help me but it at least means I can iterate through the column values.  Any idea as to how to make this work? How to get all the values in the column and bind to a textbox value. Below is the code i'm trying to use.
-Jason

   SqlConnection connSomsys = new SqlConnection(@"Server=cmdivst004\Jason08;Integrated Security=false;Database=QuoteDB; Persist Security Info=True;User ID=cmdiapp;Password=adiadmin");  
            SqlCommand selectCommand;  
            connSomsys.Open();  
              
            selectCommand = new SqlCommand("sprocgetProductListQuoteTotals", connSomsys);  
            selectCommand.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure;  
            SqlDataAdapter adapter = new SqlDataAdapter(selectCommand);  
            DataSet dataSet = new DataSet();  
            adapter.Fill(dataSet);  
            ArrayList myAL = new ArrayList();  
             
            DataTable tbl = dataSet.Tables[1];  
            for (int i = 0; i < tbl.Rows.Count; i++)  
            {  
 
 
                DataRow myRow = tbl.Rows[i];  
                myAL.Add(myRow["ProductList"].ToString());  
 
 
            }  
 
              textBox4.Value = myAL.ToString();  
 
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Jul 2009
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?