Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
3 answers
283 views
I have a report with a simple bar chart. I am using report parameters to filter the queries. When i edit the parameter values and hit preview, the chart needdatasource event fires but the chart is not getting updated in the report.
 
below is the code in the  chart needdatasource event. I am populating the recordCount collection in the Report NeedDatasource event.
 private void chart1_NeedDataSource(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {

            Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Chart procChart = (Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Chart)sender;
            Telerik.Reporting.Chart defChart = (Telerik.Reporting.Chart)procChart.ItemDefinition;
            
            procChart.DataSource = null;
            procChart.DataSource = recordCount;
            
                     

            defChart.Series[1].DataYColumn = "Status";
            defChart.PlotArea.XAxis.DataLabelsColumn = "chartlbl";

            //defChart.PlotArea.XAxis.LayoutMode = Telerik.Reporting.Charting.Styles.ChartAxisLayoutMode.Inside;
            defChart.PlotArea.XAxis.Appearance.TextAppearance.TextProperties.Font = new System.Drawing.Font("Ariel", 8);

            
        }


Could you please let me know if I am doing anything wrong above.

Thanks
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Sep 2009
5 answers
218 views
Hi Telerik Team,

I have a problem - again :-(.

Since the other one is still not solved I'm confrontated with another problem now.
I have a chart in my report which shows a StackedBar. There are 52 bars. One for every week of the year. So the Xaxis doesn't really look nice because the shown week numbers overlap. So I decided to use the LabelStep property. But whenever I use a value greater than 1 the DocumentBytes of the RenderingResult coming from the RenderReport Method is NULL. When using the value 1 everything is fine.

I have installed the latest version of Telerik Reporting shown in web.config as Version 3.1.9.807.

What do I have to regard when using the LabelStep Property?

Thank you for your help!
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Sep 2009
1 answer
168 views
I have a report that has a parameter called prmMeetingDate
The data source for prmMeeting contains two columns: [id] and [date]

The value is derived from the [id] column and the displaymember is derived from the [date] column.

On the report header, I want to display the [date] of the selected prmMeetingDate. I know that I can display the value of the parameter on the header but that will not work since it will display the [id] which is of no use to the end user.

How do I do this? Thanks.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Sep 2009
1 answer
176 views
I have a form with some products and uses can export that to pdf. I was wondering if I could make that pdf editable so they could select checkboxes etc in that offline pdf and print it? Thanks.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Sep 2009
3 answers
198 views
hi,

In the progress of designing my report, i put some controls (PictureBox, Shape, TextBox...) then i have a question is how can i access to these controls at run-time ? Such as, i want to type some texts on Textbox control, change image on PictureBox, change the title of report...

Sorry for a question again that is not relative to Telerik reporting. I known that ComponentOne's report supports a feature is i can type text on textbox on Print Preview so the Telerik Reporting support this feature ?

Thanks

(Sorry for my bad english)
Le
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Sep 2009
1 answer
192 views
I am trying to get a line chart to display two different series of data that come from the same datasource(table). Here is my code. It seems the chart is correctly adding the second series when looping through the string values that come back from the one parameter, but only one line is drawn on the chart for the data. How can I filter data down to only certain records per chart series...I've gone through a lot of foums and can't seem to find an answer for this. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
basically I need the series name to match the value in the ID column for this datatable....


        private void chart1_NeedDataSource(object sender, EventArgs e)

        {

           chart1.DefaultType = ChartSeriesType.Line;

          

           ArrayList al = new ArrayList();

           al = (ArrayList)this.ReportParameters[0].Value;

 

           (sender as Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Chart).DataSource=                                   this.serverAvgCPUDS.ServerAvgCPUDSTable; 

          

           foreach (string s in al)

           {

               ChartSeries series = new ChartSeries(s.ToString());

               series.Type = ChartSeriesType.Line;

 

               series.DataYColumn = "Percent";

               series.DataLabelsColumn = "Time";

 

               chart1.Series.Add(series);

               series = null;

           }

 

        }

Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Sep 2009
1 answer
251 views

Hello,

           I want to generate PDF output on Click of ASP.NET Button click.I am using following code to generate it

         

private

void ExportToPDF(Telerik.Reporting.Report reportToExport)

 

{

Telerik.Reporting.Processing.

ReportProcessor reportProcessor = new ReportProcessor();

 

Telerik.Reporting.Processing.RenderingResult result = reportProcessor.RenderReport(

"PDF", reportToExport, null);

 

 

string fileName = result.DocumentName + ".pdf";

 

Response.Clear();

Response.ContentType = result.MimeType;

Response.Cache.SetCacheability(

HttpCacheability.Private);

 

Response.Expires = -1;

Response.Buffer =

false;

 

Response.AddHeader(

"Content-Disposition",

 

 

string.Format("{0};FileName=\"{1}\"",

 

 

"attachment",

 

fileName));

Response.OutputStream.Write(result.DocumentBytes, 0, result.DocumentBytes.Length);

Response.End();

}


in above code "ReportProcessor" class is available in "Telerik.Reporting.Processing" Namespace, but I cant see "RenderingResult" class.Also I can't find  "RenderReport" method on "reportProcessor" object.I have added both the required dll ie. "Telerik.Reporting" and "Telerik.Reporting.Processing" .But I am using trial version of this Control.

So, is it a issue related to trial version dlls or am i miising any reference thats needs to be done?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ajay

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Sep 2009
7 answers
595 views
Can someone please direct me to an example where the user uses a calendar(s) to set a date range for a report parameter?  For example, I need to see all records from Jan8 to Feb16; where the user sets the date range at runtime.

Thanks,
Rich
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Sep 2009
1 answer
485 views
Hello,

I'm new to Telerik Reporting, I've benn working with it for a few days trying to make a specific report. So... my question - is there any way of adding columns to a table codebehind, not from the design view. Tere is no problem for generating rows from the datasource, but the thing is every time I call the report I'm giving it a different DataSet(Different columns and entirely different data) codebehind, so I cant know how many comumns are there going to be, so I cant assign the values and number of the columns at design view. I would appriciate any help.

Thanks, 
Apostol Apostolov
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Sep 2009
2 answers
185 views
I am using Version 2.9.8.1209.

I would like to generate an invoice report. In the report, I have my main report with 3 sub reports in the middle, meaning main report data then follow with 3 sub reports and then main data report data after that in the main report like below.

Date: 23rd Nov 2009

To : CEO

Sub Report 1
Sub Report 2

Sub Report 3

Total Amount : Five Hundred and sixty only


---------------------------------
Eugene
Marketing Officer

i would like to be able to control that if at the end sub report 2 there is only left a certain amount of space on that page, automatically the sub report 3 should move to the next page and not right after the sub report 2 on the same page. this is because also there are times that the signature section will end up at the top of the next page which is not acceptable for an invoice. i would like it to know when to move to the bottom of the page.

Currently now i have no idea on how to go about this or go around it. please advice. thanks
Eugene
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Sep 2009
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?