Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
149 views
hello,
i create a telerik report using telerik report table follow the wizard, but when i export data to excel or any format a error occur like the attached files
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Aug 2010
4 answers
465 views
I cannot get the Designer to work anytime I have report logic that references an external DLL.  This includes using the Enterprise Library DLLs for data access and also using user-defined functions that reference external dlls for formatting.

Here's a sample _NeedDataSource event.  It works fine at run time in the viewer, but the designer does not work at all.  (just like with external format functions I reference). 

 

 

private void rptCaseLoad_NeedDataSource( object sender, EventArgs e )   
{  
    DataSet ds = new DataSet( );   
    Database db = DatabaseFactory.CreateDatabase( );   
    using ( DbCommand cmd = db.GetStoredProcCommand( "spCaseDetail" ) )   
    {  
        cmd.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure;   
        db.AddInParameter( cmd, "@caseID", DbType.Int32, iCaseID );   
        ds = db.ExecuteDataSet( cmd );   
    }  
    ( sender as Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Report ).DataSource = ds;   
   
}  
 
 
 

 


Any suggestions?
Joanna LaForte
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Aug 2010
1 answer
151 views
I'm trying to pass a report a parameter value using the code below:

Report report = new Report();
report.ReportParameters["ContactID"].Value = 4437;

But I get the error below on ReportParameter:

Error   24  'eMember.Report' does not contain a definition for 'ReportParameters' and no extension method 'ReportParameters' accepting a first argument of type 'eMember.Report' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Is there something I need to add?
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Aug 2010
1 answer
115 views
Hi,

I would like to place 4 textboxes vertical next to each other.
The data in them can variate in length. It would be nice if the textboxes resize to the max lenght of the text in them.
The data is, name company, street + number, postalcode, city.
You see company name and street can variate much in lenght.
How it display's now looks a bit wierd from a styling point of view, because somethimes you have much white space between company name and street.
When i go through the forums i notice vertical grow does not work.
Is there a solution to this styling problem?
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Aug 2010
1 answer
94 views
VERY impressed with this new feature!

The UI was very intuitive in setting up the parameter linkages

Keep up the good work
Vassil Petev
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Aug 2010
1 answer
215 views
hello, after install latest internal build 729 i have no empty reporting template in class library when i add a new element.
please can you check this issue?
thanks ...
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Aug 2010
1 answer
244 views
hi,

this happens to me all the time when i upgrade to a newer version of telerik reporting.
i enter visual studio (2008) and an upgrade wizard is opening up,
i follow it and it updated the references in the solution (Telerik.Reporting and Telerik.Reporting.XamlRendering)
but it doesn't upgrade "Telerik.ReportViewer.Wpf", doesn't really bother me much to remove and add it but the wizard supposed to do that for me.

thanks.
Ivan
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Aug 2010
7 answers
279 views
Okay, i'm playing around with my first Drillthrough report.  On the parent report, I set the report action on a cell to NavigateToReport.  I selected the "drillthrough" report and set 3 parameters.  
 
My Problem:
I can't seem to get the destination drillthrough report to receive the parameters.  i've looked in your docs and have not been able to find an example.  Can you please provide steps needed?  Thanks!

More details:
On the drillthrough report, i've setup 3 parameters that match the parent report's NavigateToReport Action parameters.  I then have a SqlDatasource that uses the same report parameters.  All parameters come across as Null.
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Aug 2010
8 answers
1.0K+ views
Hello!
Been playing with the reporting tool and have made a lot of progress quickly. One thing I would like to do though, is change the row color based on the value of a field in that row. I know styles are used heavily in this product and I am sure that it can be done... any ideas?

Thanks!
Harold Chattaway

Ulrich Fiege
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Aug 2010
1 answer
99 views
Is it possible to send the data source object for the report generation from Silverlight? My issue is that the working dataset is located on the Silverlight side of the application. If this is possible, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Aug 2010
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?