Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
238 views
Hello people.

I have a view (screenshot attached) that represents the items bought in a given period by different departments within the organization.
The departments (DeptName) and items (ItemRef) can therefore have repetitions.

What i would like to achieve is a crosstab (i think that's where i need to  go) where:
-I have one item per line
-A department "group" with a quantity (Qty) and unit price (Valor Unitario)  columns, with a total of [Valor Unitário]*[qty] by department,
like the screenshot "report". I am having problems creating this report because when i hit the crosstab wizard, i end up with a report like the "report_preview" image. I dont want to aggregate the [Qty] and [Valor Unitario] but i have to or the report wont build.

What am trying to achieve is similar to the demo "Product Sales per Period" , is there any step by step other than the video, which i cannot watch or download because flv's are blocked here?
Massimiliano Bassili
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Sep 2010
5 answers
174 views
Hello

I tried the Silverlight Reporting Viewer online Demos.

Unfortunately the Report goes to an pdf file called "export" and not directly to the printer.
Is it possible to get the "Printer Dialog"?

 I don't like to install on all clients a pdf Viewer to print a report!!

Thanks,
Manuel
Christoph
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Sep 2010
1 answer
201 views
Hello,

I have a report with multiple datasources in which I'm trying to get certain values from each datasource and display/run calculations on in the footer of the report.  I'm using the ItemDataBound event of different textboxes to calculate totals and assign them to a variable in the codebehind.  The problem is I don't understand the firing order of the different ItemDataBound events.  If I have two tables and 5 textboxes in the report footer section....which textbox's ItemDataBound is fired first?  Is there a way to control the order?

Thanks!!!
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Sep 2010
1 answer
120 views
Hi, I have checkboxes on some invoices on a radgrid. User can select a few invoices and when they clicked a button, the selected invoices will be printed. Can anyone share a good way to do this? I have created the report class already but looking for ideas to get this done. will appreciate any attached sample. Thanks in advance.

Regards
CWK
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Sep 2010
0 answers
115 views
I have a library for my reports as suggested by Telerik best practices. I had a consultant come in and change my Build Output Path to point to my bin folder of the project that uses the reports. Now every time I am in design mode I have to do a Build on hte library before I can see if my changes did what I want. I want to change the output path back to the way it was before but don't really know where it should go.
AkAlan
Top achievements
Rank 2
 asked on 24 Sep 2010
1 answer
159 views
how do I get the documentation for "telerik report" and its components in order to generate the report via cs code, not the editor of the report?

remembering that technology use silverlight.

Thank you!

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Sep 2010
1 answer
183 views
I have a mailmerge form that is currently in  MS Word 2003 format. I am trying to create that functionality on a form with Telerik Reporting. I have tried copying and pasting into a textbox control, that fails to keep any of the formatting. I have also tried in several ways to paste into an HTML Textbox. I have copied the word document directly and also tried saving to html and pasting the html code into the controls value property html editor. In both cases the html generated is creating numerous errors. The form displays correctly initiallly then error message appears and sometimes the html dissapears entirely from the html textbox's value property. Any changes I make in the design view or html view will not persist when I ok out of the designer.

Ay help with this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Michael Schwartz
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Sep 2010
1 answer
112 views

A

10

 

 

 

20

 

 

A Total

30

AVG

0.25 (30/120)

B

20

 

 

 

30

 

 

 

40

 

 

B Total

90

AVG

0.75(90/120)

Total

120

 

 


Hello Sir,

I've a problem,
Above sample is a group like Report
The row of A Total and B Total are calculated(Sum) in TextBox control,
I want to use the row of  A Total and B Total to combine generate the value of AVG column automaticly as above sample.
How shoud I do ?
Pls help me,thanks :)

Regards.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Sep 2010
3 answers
227 views
I am creating a schedule for games using the reporting and am unable to find solution for this.  i attempted keeptogether = false in the detailsection, but i get an invocation exception. 

i am building and populating tables dynamically and adding each to the detailsection.
issue is that i get up to 4 blank pages in between each new page with a table of game times on fields.
here is my man procedure to do so:

Public Sub BuildTable(ByRef t As Telerik.Reporting.Table, ByVal d As System.Data.DataTable, ByVal day As String, ByVal totaltables As Integer)

        t.Body.Rows.Add(New Telerik.Reporting.TableBodyRow(New Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit(80, Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.UnitType.Pixel)))

        '
        'build report items for table
        '
        For Each c As System.Data.DataColumn In d.Columns
            c.ColumnName = c.ColumnName.Replace(" ", "_")
        Next

        For Each c As System.Data.DataColumn In d.Columns

            'we build the textbox for header
            Dim txtbox As New Telerik.Reporting.TextBox
            txtbox.Name = c.ColumnName
            txtbox.Size = New Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.SizeU(New Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit(80, Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.UnitType.Pixel), New Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit(50, Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.UnitType.Pixel))
            txtbox.Style.BackgroundColor = System.Drawing.Color.FromArgb(CType(CType(224, Byte), Integer), CType(CType(224, Byte), Integer), CType(CType(224, Byte), Integer))
            txtbox.Style.BorderStyle.Default = Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.BorderType.Solid
            txtbox.Style.Font.Bold = True
            txtbox.Style.Padding.Bottom = New Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit(5, Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.UnitType.Pixel)
            txtbox.Style.Padding.Left = New Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit(10, Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.UnitType.Pixel)
            txtbox.Style.Padding.Top = New Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit(5, Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.UnitType.Pixel)
            If c.ColumnName.Trim = "Start" Then
                txtbox.Value = day
            Else
                txtbox.Value = Replace(c.ColumnName, "_", " ")
            End If


            'we create value textbox
            Dim txtvalue As New Telerik.Reporting.TextBox
            txtvalue.Name = "Value" & d.Columns.IndexOf(c).ToString
            txtvalue.Size = New Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.SizeU(New Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit(50, Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.UnitType.Pixel), New Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit(50, UnitType.Pixel))
            txtvalue.Style.BorderStyle.Default = Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.BorderType.Solid
            txtvalue.Style.Padding.Left = New Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit(5, Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.UnitType.Pixel)
            txtvalue.Style.Padding.Top = New Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit(5, Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.UnitType.Pixel)
            If c.ColumnName.Trim = "Start" Then
                txtvalue.Value = "=thunder.apps.sa.reports.dal.reports.ConvertStartTime(Fields." & c.ColumnName & ")"

            Else
                txtvalue.Value = "=Fields." & c.ColumnName

            End If

            'we add new column
            t.Body.Columns.Add(New Telerik.Reporting.TableBodyColumn(New Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit(90, Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.UnitType.Pixel)))

            t.Body.SetCellContent(0, d.Columns.IndexOf(c), txtvalue)



            'table group
            Dim tg As Telerik.Reporting.TableGroup = New Telerik.Reporting.TableGroup
            tg.ReportItem = txtbox
            tg.Name = "Group" & d.Columns.IndexOf(c).ToString

            t.ColumnGroups.Add(tg)
            t.Items.Add(txtvalue)
            t.Items.Add(txtbox)

        Next

        Dim tgroup As Telerik.Reporting.TableGroup = New Telerik.Reporting.TableGroup
        tgroup.Grouping.AddRange(New Telerik.Reporting.Data.Grouping() {New Telerik.Reporting.Data.Grouping("")})
        tgroup.Name = "DetailGroup"

        t.RowGroups.Add(tgroup)

        'additional table specs
        t.DataMember = ""
        t.DataSource = d

        Dim y As Integer = totaltables

        't.Items.AddRange(New Telerik.Reporting.ReportItemBase() {Me.TextBox8, Me.TextBox9, Me.TextBox10, Me.TextBox12, Me.TextBox14, Me.TextBox16, Me.TextBox18, Me.TextBox5, Me.TextBox11, Me.TextBox15, Me.TextBox13, Me.TextBox6, Me.TextBox7, Me.TextBox17, Me.TextBox19, Me.TextBox20})
        t.Location = New Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.PointU(New Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit(0, Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.UnitType.Inch), New Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit(y, Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.UnitType.Pixel))
        t.Name = day.Replace("/", "")

        '  t.Size = New Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.SizeU(New Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit(width, Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.UnitType.Pixel), New Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit(height, Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.UnitType.Inch))
        ' t.Style.BorderStyle.Default = Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.BorderType.Solid
        t.KeepTogether = False
        t.Anchor = AnchorStyles.Left

    End Sub

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Sep 2010
3 answers
167 views
I've now spent a full day simply trying to get some data to my subreport.  I'm using the following code, which seems to do absolutely nothing.  What am I doing wrong??

Public Sub New()
    InitializeComponent()
End Sub
Private Sub admin_invoice_details_ownitnow_NeedDataSource(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.NeedDataSource
    Dim SQL As New StringBuilder
 
    SQL.AppendLine("       SELECT  ISNULL(products.itemid, 0) AS lotid,")
    SQL.AppendLine("                invdesc.itemdesc,")
    SQL.AppendLine("                invdesc.amount")
    SQL.AppendLine("        FROM    invdesc")
    SQL.AppendLine("                INNER JOIN products ON products.ProductID = invdesc.itemid")
    SQL.AppendLine("        WHERE   invdesc.invoiceid = @invoiceid")
 
    Dim sqlDataSource1 As New SqlDataSource()
    sqlDataSource1.ConnectionString = HttpContext.Current.Session("Conn")
    sqlDataSource1.SelectCommand = SQL.ToString
    sqlDataSource1.Parameters.Add("@invoiceid", DbType.Int32, "=Parameters.invoiceid")
    Me.DataSource = sqlDataSource1
End Sub
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Sep 2010
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?