The illustrated chart can be created with LineSeries in the same Graph item. As we discussed with your colleague on the phone, the Graph is a Data item with single DataSource and data for series must be flatten. For more details check:
The attached demo project illustrates a model build in an assemblies which extends the Standalone Designer tool's functionality
. To run the demo open the project in VS and build it. Then open the projects folder and open the Telerik.ReportDesigner.exe
located in the Bin/Debug/Examples folder
and the TRDX file next to it. The TRDx file contains a report with Graph having multiple LineSeries producing a chart similar to yours.
How the Graph item is configured:
- We used the Line Chart wizard and an ObjectDataSource to supply data.
The data is organized in such manner we can add separate LineSeries for each line, without using SeriesGroups grouping - this will allow us to set different settings for each line in the Graph;
- Once the Graph is visible in the designer we adjust the labels formats, scales' steps and axes grid-lines, and scales types of the axes - Formatting a Graph:Axis. For example the X axis has a DateTime scale and series are adjusted accordingly (their X and Y properties are set) - How to: Change the Axis Scale;
- The we change series (Formatting a Graph: Series):
- By default the Line Chart wizard will produce straight lines. Through each series LineStyle we can hide/show the line (LineSeries.LineStyle.Visible), change the LineSeries.LineStyle.LineStyle and LineSeries.LineStyle.LineWidth;
- To produce Scatter chart we hide the line and show its Data Points - LineSeries.DataPointStyle.Visible, and use proper marker LineSeries.MarkerType;
- To display a data point label only on specific location we use the
LineSeries.DataPointLabelStyle and LineSeries.DataPointLabel.ConditionalFormatting;
- The legend can be moved through the Graph - Legend - Position/IsInsidePlotArea properties.
Series legend items can be controlled individually through the series LegendItem object.
For more details check Formatting a Graph: Legend;
I hope the provided information is helpful.
Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.