This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Report Filter

21 Answers 140 Views
PivotGrid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Rieni De Rijke
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rieni De Rijke asked on 22 Oct 2012, 12:54 PM
I use the new PivotGrid in Q3 2012 example: "PivotGrid with PivotFieldList".

When I try to use drag & drop from the top in the PivotFieldList (Choose fields to add to report) I got an error:
"Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

So I cannot get Product in both the Report-Filter-box and the Column-labels-box.
Ok, so I use drag & drop to move Product from the Column-labels-box to the Report-Filter-box.

But.. now what? How does this Report Filter thing works?
What can I do with it?

21 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rosen Vladimirov
Telerik team
answered on 23 Oct 2012, 06:04 AM
Hello Rieni De Rijke,

Thanks for choosing RadPivotGrid and reporting this issues.

The first mentioned problem with drag and drop was found by our team very soon after the release and we have fixed it, so it will be included in this weeks internal build. You'll be able to download it very soon under your account.

As you know RadPivotGrid is in its BETA release and some of the features are still in development. That's why the Report Filter is not working in the moment - we are currently implementing it and hopefully you'll be able to use it very soon.

We are sorry for the caused inconvenience.

Greetings,
Rosen Vladimirov
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

purdav
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Dec 2012, 06:36 PM
Hi!!
Any news about filters implementation for OLAP in internal builds, to test?

Many thanks!

Regards,
Davide
Milan
Telerik team
answered on 28 Dec 2012, 07:30 AM
Hello,

This functionality is not ready yet. We will push it as soon as it is ready. Thank you for your interest.

Greetings,
Milan
the Telerik team

purdav
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Jan 2013, 09:21 AM
Hi, 
have you perhaps any news about this important feature? 
We want to test it to plan a future implementation of these controls related to pivotgrid...

Many thanks again!!
Regards, 
Davide
Rosen Vladimirov
Telerik team
answered on 30 Jan 2013, 09:48 AM
Hello,

We are currently finishing our implementation of ReportFilters in RadPivotGrid. They will be included one of our next internal builds (most probably they'll be available on 05.02.2013 or a week later). We are sorry for the caused inconvenience.

Thank you for evaluating RadPivotGrid. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any problems or concerns.

Greetings,
Rosen Vladimirov
the Telerik team

purdav
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Jan 2013, 10:05 AM
Hi! Don't worry, is not a problem and is not an inconvenience by you! :-)
I look forward to!

Regards, 
Davide
Rosen Vladimirov
Telerik team
answered on 05 Feb 2013, 03:49 PM
Hello Davide,

We have just finished our Sorting and Filtering implementation for data from OLAP Cubes. This means that this feature is not included in this week's internal build and will be available in the next one. But we decided to send you the dlls and a simple project, so you will be able to test RadPivotGrid's filtering from now. We'll be very happy if you share your opinion about this feature. Please note that with the current implementation the dialog for report filter will give you the chance to check/uncheck only the first 1000 items from the cube. We have planned to add searchbox so in the future you will be able to filter all items, no matter how big is the data in your cube.

Please check the attached project and inform us if you have any problems or concerns.

Kind regards,
Rosen Vladimirov
the Telerik team

purdav
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Feb 2013, 04:12 PM
Hi!
many thanks again! I'm trying it just now and it seems perfect!
Only a question: can I filter directly on a dimension on row or on a column group with final release?

There is a little bug: if I select an item in the filter it works but if I reopen that filter it shows inverse selection of items.

In the meantime I try it more deeply!

Thanks!!!
Davide
Rosen Vladimirov
Telerik team
answered on 06 Feb 2013, 01:47 PM
Hi Davide,

Thanks for reporting this problem - we have reproduced it and fixed it, so it will be included in our next internal build.
For your question - unfortunately we will not be able to finish this type of filters (directly on a row or column) for the official release, but we'll add them to our RadPivotGrid at the earliest possible time after the release - maybe in an internal build or for the ServicePack.

Thanks again for your help. I've updated your Telerik Points as a small sign of our appreciation for your efforts. Feel free to contact us if you have any problems, concerns or suggestions.

Greetings,
Rosen Vladimirov
the Telerik team

purdav
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Feb 2013, 07:23 AM
Hi!
Many thanks again for quick support!
About the feature request I meant to apply filter on a field descriptor in row fields box or in column fields box, not directly on the pivotgrid. By this way If I want to show only some elements of a dimension I can. Otherwise the possibility to put the same field on filter and on row/column (but is not the best....).

Again, thanks for all!
Regards, 
Davide
Rosen Vladimirov
Telerik team
answered on 11 Feb 2013, 06:30 AM
Hello Davide,

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I meant exactly the same feature, that you've described. We will try to finish the implementation at our earliest after the release and we'll notify you once it is ready.

We are really grateful for your feedback. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any problems, concerns or suggestions.

Greetings,
Rosen Vladimirov
the Telerik team

Debajyoti
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 21 Nov 2014, 10:09 AM
Could you plz tell me when report filter with more than 1000 items will be available?
Kalin
Telerik team
answered on 25 Nov 2014, 01:45 PM
Hello Debajyoti,

That feature is not implemented yet and I'm afraid I cannot commit any time frame for it.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Regards,
Kalin
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tiago
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Jan 2015, 05:19 PM
Please, I need a Help
This is my situation, I need to clone data through two RadPivotgrids, Pivotgrid 1 has data  I need, and I need that the pivotgrid 2 has the same data including the grouping conditions and filters in real time. Is it possible?

My version: 2014.3.1104.40
Kalin
Telerik team
answered on 16 Jan 2015, 10:20 AM
Hi Tiago,

I'm not sure if I understand correctly the exact requirements. If you need to show the data in both PivotGrids and afterwards by modifying the FieldList to update only the second one - you can implement tow analogical DataProviders (for the both PivotGrids) and to only bind the second one the FieldList. This way only the second PivotGrid will be updated.

If you need to show the underlying data as it is in the bound collection - you would need to use a GridView for example to show it as the PivotGrid can only display the aggregated and grouped values of the data (not the data itself).

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Kalin
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tiago
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Jan 2015, 11:27 AM
I would like to thank the great help given
For documentation purposes, Below is the code suitable for vb.net language, the solution worked perfectly
​    Private Sub radButton1_Click(sender As System.Object, e As System.EventArgs) Handles radButton1.Click<br>        For Each item As IGroupDescription In pivotGrid.RowGroupDescriptions<br>            Dim desc As IGroupDescription = item.Clone() 'as IGroupDescription<br>            PivotGrid1.RowGroupDescriptions.Add(desc)<br>        Next<br><br>        For Each item As IGroupDescription In pivotGrid.ColumnGroupDescriptions<br>            Dim desc As IGroupDescription = item.Clone()<br>            PivotGrid1.ColumnGroupDescriptions.Add(desc)<br>        Next<br><br>        For Each item As IAggregateDescription In pivotGrid.AggregateDescriptions<br>            Dim desc As IAggregateDescription = item.Clone()<br>            PivotGrid1.AggregateDescriptions.Add(desc)<br>        Next<br><br>        Dim newDataSet As New DataTable()<br>        newDataSet = (pivotGrid.DataSource).Copy()<br>        PivotGrid1.DataSource = newDataSet<br>        PivotGrid1.DataMember = pivotGrid.DataMember<br><br>    End Sub

Tiago
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Jan 2015, 11:37 AM
The code in vb.net below

Private Sub radButton1_Click(sender As System.Object, e As System.EventArgs) Handles radButton1.Click
    For Each item As IGroupDescription In pivotGrid.RowGroupDescriptions
        Dim desc As IGroupDescription = item.Clone() 'as IGroupDescription
        PivotGrid1.RowGroupDescriptions.Add(desc)
    Next

For Each item As IGroupDescription In pivotGrid.ColumnGroupDescriptions
        Dim desc As IGroupDescription = item.Clone()
        PivotGrid1.ColumnGroupDescriptions.Add(desc)
    Next

For Each item As IAggregateDescription In pivotGrid.AggregateDescriptions
        Dim desc As IAggregateDescription = item.Clone()
        PivotGrid1.AggregateDescriptions.Add(desc)
    Next

Dim newDataSet As New DataTable()
    newDataSet = (pivotGrid.DataSource).Copy()
    PivotGrid1.DataSource = newDataSet
    PivotGrid1.DataMember = pivotGrid.DataMember

End Sub

Congratulations Telerik team!
Kalin
Telerik team
answered on 16 Jan 2015, 03:07 PM
Hello Tiago,

We are glad you have managed to achieve the desired. If you have any other questions let us know.

Regards,
Kalin
Telerik

Tiago
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Jan 2015, 04:41 PM
Hallo, Kalin!
By the way, is possible select programmatically cells in a radPivotgrid and in this way, also, know what cells are selected ?
For example: I wish know what are the selected cells in a Pivotgrid 1 and select exactly this cells in a identical Privogrid 2. 
Kalin
Telerik team
answered on 21 Jan 2015, 09:16 AM
Hi Tiago,

I'm afraid that with the current implementation of the PivotGrid control is not possible to have selection.  However we have that logged in our Feedback portal as Feature Request - you can vote for it and track its status on the following link:
http://feedback.telerik.com/Project/143/Feedback/Details/66077-selection-in-radpivotgrid

If you have any other questions, let us know.

Regards,
Kalin
Telerik

Tiago
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Jan 2015, 09:47 AM
Thank you very much, I'm glad to know this feature is in yours projects
Congratulations Telerik Team !!!

Tags
PivotGrid
Asked by
Rieni De Rijke
Top achievements
Rank 1