This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Release 2008.2.723.35 NeedDataSource

7 Answers 81 Views
Ajax
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Paul Gallen
Top achievements
Rank 1
Paul Gallen asked on 29 Aug 2008, 10:27 AM
Hi

Prior to 2008.2.723.35 relaease the NeedDataSource fires on selecting an item in the grid, this has stopped working when insalled 2008.2.723.35 version

Can you confirm this?

Thanks

P

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Missing User
answered on 29 Aug 2008, 11:44 AM
Hi Paul Gallen,

I tried to reproduce the problem at our side, but to no avail. Attached, please find a sample project on the matter. Can you reproduce the problem with the attached project? If yes, could you please send the steps to reproduce it? Thanks for your cooperation.

Kind regards,
Plamen
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Paul Gallen
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Aug 2008, 12:35 PM
Thanks Plamen

Your prject does not compile you are missing 

<

add path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource, Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.2.723.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4" validate="false"/>

also your web extensions are at version 1.061025.0 9 see below

<

add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>

mine are at

<

add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>

Also I am using .net framework 3.5

Paul Gallen
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Aug 2008, 04:17 PM
Hi ,

Just an update, how are you getting on with this issue?

P
Missing User
answered on 01 Sep 2008, 01:39 PM
Hello Paul,

Unfortunately we are still unable to reproduce the problematic behavior you are experiencing. Please, find attached an updated Web Site

Kind regards,
Plamen
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Paul Gallen
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Sep 2008, 08:58 AM
Hi Plamen ,

Thanks for your perseverance,

Your project initially did not compile. I had to drag and drop a radgrid onto the designer surface in order the references to be fixed. Once your project was compiled and running I set a breakpoint on NeedDataSource, and.... it did not break into the code. This is the same issue I am having.

I am using visual studio 2008 and .net framework 3.5 with SP1 installed. 

Plamen  this is becoming a very important issue for me.

Thanks Ken
Missing User
answered on 02 Sep 2008, 10:22 AM
Hi Paul,

This is expected behavior. The NeedDataSource event fires in the following cases:

• Right after OnLoad, Telerik RadGrid checks the viewstate for stored grid-related information. If such information is missing (when the page loads for the first time), the NeedDataSource event is fired. This also means that if MasterTableView.DataSourcePersistenceMode has been set to NoPersistence, grid would bind each time the page loads (not only the first time)
  • After automatic sorting
  • When paging event occurs
  • When Edit command is fired
  • Right after Update/Delete/Insert command event handlers finish execution. You can cancel these operations handling the ItemCommand event and assigning false value to the Canceled property of the e event argument
  • When grouping/ungrouping columns - right after the RadGrid.GroupsChanging event is raised.
  • When resorting a group
  • When filtering column values
  • When a call to the Rebind() grid method takes place
  • Prior to any detail table binding

All the best,
Plamen
the Telerik team

Paul Gallen
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Sep 2008, 01:24 PM
Thanks Plamen,

That would explain why I am not getting the NeedDataSource Event.

you see, before I installed the latest update I had a grid working, now I have installed the latest version, the Grid has stopped workng, therefore something has changed between the two versions.

I am going to modify my code to suit, so we can close this thread

Thanks for your efforts.

P
Tags
Ajax
Asked by
Paul Gallen
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Missing User
Paul Gallen