This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Reimers Google Map not loading by RadAjaxManagerProxy with in a user control

7 Answers 68 Views
Ajax
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Shivam
Top achievements
Rank 1
Shivam asked on 26 Jun 2013, 04:38 PM
Hello Telerk,
            I am using two use controls 
GoogleMaps.ascx and GMaps.ascx.The GMaps.ascx is inside the 
GoogleMaps.ascx.I am using a RadListbox on 
GoogleMaps.ascx to load the map on GMaps.ascx.Everything was working fine but my client requested to ajaxify the RadListBox so I have added a RadAjaxManagerProxy to the GoogleMaps.ascx.But after adding this my map is not showing if i added another control below or upper to the map that is working fine but map still not showing(ResponseScript not coming) please suggest ASAP.......
Here is my code.....
GoogleMaps.ascx-:
<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="GoogleMaps.ascx.cs"
    Inherits="BSL.TaylorWimpey.SMTS.Web.Assets.Controls.Mapping.GoogleMaps" %>
<%@ Register Src="~/Assets/Controls/Mapping/GMaps.ascx" TagName="GMaps" TagPrefix="uc1" %>

<telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy ID="AjaxManagerProxy1" runat="server" >
    <AjaxSettings>
        <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="radListBoxSites">
            <UpdatedControls>
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="panel1" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1"  />
            </UpdatedControls>
        </telerik:AjaxSetting>
    </AjaxSettings>
</telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy>
   <telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel ID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" runat="server"></telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel>
 <div id="mapSitename">
       <telerik:RadListBox  ID="radListBoxSites" runat="server" DataTextField="Name" AutoPostBack="true"
            DataValueField="SiteID" Height="219" Width="150"  Font-Bold="True" OnSelectedIndexChanged="radListBoxSites_SelectedIndexChanged" >
        </telerik:RadListBox>   
</div>
<asp:Panel ID="panel1" runat="server">
    <uc1:GMaps ID="gmapSites" runat="server" Width="800" Height="370" ></uc1:GMaps>
</asp:Panel>

GMaps.ascx-:
<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="GMaps.ascx.cs" Inherits="BSL.TaylorWimpey.SMTS.Web.Assets.Controls.Mapping.GMaps" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Reimers.Google.Map" Namespace="Reimers.Google.Map" TagPrefix="Reimers" %>

<Reimers:Map ID="mapSites" runat="server" Width="100%" Height="400px"
 OnOverlayClick="HandleOverlayClick" MapLanguage="en-GB" >
    <Center Latitude="0" Longitude="0" />
</Reimers:Map>

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
answered on 01 Jul 2013, 01:52 PM
Hi Shivam,

Could you please try to wrap the RadListBox and the map user control into one RadAjaxPanel or a regular asp UpdatePanel and verify if this makes any difference?

Regards,
Maria Ilieva
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Shivam
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Jul 2013, 07:27 PM
Hi Maria,
     I have already tried both RadAjaxPanel or a regular asp UpdatePanel but still map not showing.If i used any other control like a label then it is working fine but still map not showing,Please suggest I really need your help.....

Thanks And Regards 
    Shivam Kumar

Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
answered on 09 Jul 2013, 01:49 PM
Hello Shivam,

Note that in case the issue appear with asp UpdatePanel control also it is a generic Ajax framework problem and is not directly related to our RadAjax components. I would suggest you to directly contact Microsoft support for the problem as they could give straight to-the-point answer.

Regards,
Maria Ilieva
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Shivam
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Jul 2013, 10:38 AM
Hi Maria,
             I agreed with you but I want to know Is any other functionality in telerik ajax to ajaxify the google map.Acctually all controls with in  RadAjaxPanel are refreshing expect google map.Is any additional control or trick to ajaxify google map please suggest....  
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
answered on 15 Jul 2013, 12:23 PM
Hello Shivam,

Unfortunately I'm not aware of the GoogleMap control specifics and could not be sure what exactly is causing the incompatibility with the ajax framework. Therefore I'm not aware of any ajax component or technique that might work in such scenario.

Regards,
Maria Ilieva
Telerik
Shivam
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Jul 2013, 05:02 AM
So you mean Telerik is unable to ajaxify GoogleMap.If yes then I have to remove telerik from my project.Please reply ASAP.....
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
answered on 23 Jul 2013, 12:16 PM
Hello Shivam,

The telerik RadAjax components are built on the top of the MS Ajax Framework so neither the RadAjax controls or the asp UpdatePanel control could ajaxify the GoogleMap control, as you already observed on your end. This is behavior which is mostly cause by the GoogleMap control itself and you could use any other techniques for ajaxifying the control you need.

Regards,
Maria Ilieva
Telerik
Tags
Ajax
Asked by
Shivam
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
Shivam
Top achievements
Rank 1