This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Radwindow inside radwindow

1 Answer 63 Views
Window
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Gama
Top achievements
Rank 1
Gama asked on 18 May 2011, 03:09 PM
I'm trying to open a radwindow inside of another radwindow.  It works fine in IE 7, but in firefox and IE 8, the window opens and starts to load, but it closes after a few seconds.  My code is below.
function OnClientClose(oWnd, args) {
    //get the transferred arguments
    var arg = args.get_argument();
    if (arg) {
        var clientId = arg.ClientId;
        var txtClientId = $find("<%= txtNewlclient.ClientID %>");
        txtClientId.set_value(clientId.toString());

}
}
function showClientSearch() {

window.radopen("../../Sections/Clients/ClientSearch.aspx", "rwindClientSearch");
}
and my radwindow declaration

<telerik:RadWindowManager ID="rwindMgr" runat="server">
    <Windows>
        <telerik:RadWindow ID="rwindClientSearch" Title="Client Search" runat="server"
            Width="350px" Height="300px" OnClientClose="OnClientClose" ReloadOnShow="true" ShowContentDuringLoad="false">
        </telerik:RadWindow>
    </Windows>
</telerik:RadWindowManager>

This code works in other places when it's not inside of another radwindow.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 20 May 2011, 11:07 AM

Hi Gama,

Please make sure that you cancel the postback from the button you use to open the inner RadWindow.

I tried reproducing your issue, but to no avail - it works as expected on my end. You can find my test page attached and here is a video from my experiment: http://screencast.com/t/qXr0Jh4m. You can use it as a basis for your further development. 

Without knowing your setup and scenario I am mostly guessing and if I am missing something or your setup is different please modify my test page to the point it displays your issue and send it back to me so I can examine it.

If this does not fit your scenario at all I would suggest to open a support ticket and send us a sample, fully runnable project that isolates your case so that we can debug it locally and pinpoint the cause.

All the best,
Marin
the Telerik team

Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.

Tags
Window
Asked by
Gama
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
Share this question
or