This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Radwindow bugs with Internet Explorer 8.0.6001

2 Answers 43 Views
Window
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Julien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Julien asked on 10 Apr 2012, 10:24 AM
Hello,
I have developped an application with a lot of RadWindows.
It works well with Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 9, Internet Explorer 8.0.7601.xxx but with Internet Explorer 8.0.6001, it is a real mess.

When I click on a button which should open a radwindow, the browser redirects me to
res //ieframe.dll/acr_error.htm or closes and reopens the tab.
I'm using jquery-1.6.2.js and jquery-ui-1.8.16.custom.min.js .

Have you already encountered these kind of behaviours?

Thank you.

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 11 Apr 2012, 01:50 PM
Hello Julien,

Such an issue has never been reported and I have not seen such behavior with or without our controls. What I can assume at this point is that there is some serious JavaScript error thrown under this version, so please check where it originates from by debugging your function the opens the RadWindow in case it comes before our code.

After a quick search in the net it seems that this is a bug in IE8 with certain sites and/or add-ons, you can see for yourself by examining the following google search: https://www.google.com/search?q=acr_error.htm.

Thus, I'd ilke to ask is what happens if you try to load your content page in a simple <iframe> instead of in a RadWindow? If the behavior persists then there is something in this page's code that breaks IE8, as the RadWindow loads external pages in an iframe, as this is the only way to do this. 

I would also like to confirm the version of the controls are you using - is it the latest? If not - which one is it? Does upgrading to the newest (currently Q1 2012 with Q1 2012 SP1 coming really soon) resolve this? Please also check what happens if you remove the references to your custom jQuery and use the built-in that comes with the RadControls as there are also reports in the net that older versions of jQuery (especially if loaded twice) result in this problem.

All the best,
Marin
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Julien
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Jul 2012, 07:47 AM
Thanks.
The problem was the jquery version.
I upgraded to 1.7.1 and it works.
Tags
Window
Asked by
Julien
Top achievements