This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadUpload Ajax callback error. Source url returned error: 12002

16 Answers 217 Views
Upload (Obsolete)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Adam
Top achievements
Rank 1
Adam asked on 18 Oct 2010, 06:30 PM
For some reason, we're getting the attached error when using the RadUpload to upload a 43MB file. The funny thing is that the progress stops moving, even though it takes several minutes before the error pops up. On our test system, I can sometimes get 1-2% before it stops. I then have to wait for a while before the error comes up. During this time, I'm not sure anything is happening. On our production system, it get's a bit further before giving the error. Either way, the time, speed, and progress all stop.

What is causing this error to occur? I double checked and the web.config is setup correctly. We can upload other files, just not this one.

16 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Adam
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Oct 2010, 08:55 PM
Some additional information. It appears that if I get the error message, and just click OK, but continue to leave the window doing the upload it, it will eventually complete. The progress never updates or anything, but if I wait long enough, I can check on the server and see that the file exists.
Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
answered on 21 Oct 2010, 02:04 PM
Hi Adam,

Error 12002 is a HTTP time out error. Does it take long to upload the 43 mb file? I suggest that you consider increasing the exectutionTimeout limit that ASP.NET uses to determine whether a request has timed our or not. You can learn more about execution timeout here.

All the best,
Genady Sergeev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Adam
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Oct 2010, 03:09 PM
I don't think the executionTimeout is the issue. We have it set for 3600 in the web.config and it has been for quite some time. That equates to 60 minutes. We get the message after only about 5 minutes. Like I said, if I don't close the upload window, the upload completes in the background even if I get the error.
Adam
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Oct 2010, 10:05 PM
Any additional ideas? Our timeouts are set correctly, but we're still having issues with it timing out way before the timeout limit is exceeded.
Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
answered on 26 Oct 2010, 09:23 AM
Hello Adam,

After some digging it turned out that  this error happens because if IE limit of 2 two connections. It seems that a connection is not being released, hence the error. Do you have any RadWindows on your page that perform AJAX requests?

Sincerely yours,
Genady Sergeev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Adam
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Oct 2010, 07:08 PM
I decided to try it in Chrome because I believe Chrome allows up to 8 connections. I got a similar error after it reached about 15%. I have attached it. We use RadWindows on this page for different tasks, but none of them are open while we are doing the upload.
Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
answered on 02 Nov 2010, 03:39 PM
Hello Adam,

Is it possible to record a fiddler cap log of your session monitoring the time the issue happens. Then attach the log here so that we can take a look.

Kind regards,
Genady Sergeev
the Telerik team
Adam
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Nov 2010, 03:09 PM
I created a fiddler cap session, but it's 43MB in size. I tried submitting it with a support ticket, but I just "Page Cannot Be Displayed" after it loads for a while. I think it must be too big. Is there another place I can drop the file for you?
Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
answered on 05 Nov 2010, 05:23 PM
Hi Adam,

Try here.

Greetings,
Genady Sergeev
the Telerik team
Adam
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Nov 2010, 04:37 PM
Here is the link to the capture.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ud38mc9idl2rzt8
Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
answered on 11 Nov 2010, 09:39 AM
Hi Adam,

Thank you for the log. It seems that there is only one request running parallel to the progress request. Could you try, just for the sake of trying, to stop the other request while there is upload monitor in progress. I mean the Common/ServiceProxy.aspx. It looks like that there is another async XmlHttpRequest constantly polling to the server, in parallel with the other two requests (the fist one containing the file being uploaded and the second is the progress polling). I believe that this might be the reason for the problem.

Sincerely yours,
Genady Sergeev
the Telerik team
Adam
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Nov 2010, 03:58 PM
Yes, we've discovered that somehow those are conflicting. We were somewhat surprised because we assumed it would simply queue them up and run them in order, but that doesn't appear to be happening. We've come up with a hack to get it to work, but are hoping for a better solution.
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Jul 2015, 12:34 PM

Hi,

is there any chance to get this message even if I'm not using RadUpload on the page?

The context is I'm refreshing few user controls on the page - RadWindow - at 1 minute interval, using RadAjaxPanel.

Thanks

Ivan Danchev
Telerik team
answered on 03 Aug 2015, 07:13 AM
Hello,

Please, check your web.config for registered RadUpload modules and handlers and if there are such but you are not using the control on your page remove them from the web.config and see if the issue persists.

Regards,
Ivan Danchev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Aug 2015, 05:16 PM

Hi Ivan,

I'm using RadUpload in application, but not in that page. It works fine on those page, but the error appears on a page I don't use it.

It's strange...

Ivan Danchev
Telerik team
answered on 05 Aug 2015, 03:31 PM
Hello,

Could you please post the content of your web.config file? This would help us check whether the handlers are correctly registered and we can test your configuration to see whether the issue can be reproduced at our end.

Regards,
Ivan Danchev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Upload (Obsolete)
Asked by
Adam
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Adam
Top achievements
Rank 1
Genady Sergeev
Telerik team