This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadTreeview 2010Q2 ClientIDMode stuck in AutoID ?

6 Answers 104 Views
TreeView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
M
Top achievements
Rank 1
M asked on 17 Jul 2010, 03:42 AM
Hi,

Does the RadTreeview in 2010.Q2 force AutoIDs now (and not allow us to Statically set IDs any longer as we could in Q1)?

With Q2, when I select a RadTree, then go to properties > ClientIDMode, it won't let me select anything other than AutoID.  (even though the other 4 choices appear (Inherit, AutoID, Predictable, and Static).  And now the Q2 Treeview also ignores my code-behind that was statically setting IDs to dynamically created RadComboBoxes.  (eg.)

ddlItem.ClientIDMode = UI.ClientIDMode.Static
 ddlItem.ID = "ddlItem_" + strOrderDetailID
treenodeItem.Controls.Add(ddlItem)

This was working great in Q1, and would create an ID such as "ddlItem_12345",
but as soon as I upgraded to Q2, it was stuck in AutoID mode, and the controls
had "id="ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_RadTreeView2_i0_i0_ddlItem_12345" again (as it was before .net 4.0)

Am I missing some new setting?

Thanks,
Mike

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
gunaah gunaah
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Jul 2010, 11:46 AM
I have the same problem,

Can anyone provide solution for this problem.

thanks
gunaah gunaah
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Jul 2010, 11:47 AM
I have the same problem, styling a raddock and radzone.

Can anyone provide solution for this problem.

thanks
Nikolay Tsenkov
Telerik team
answered on 22 Jul 2010, 09:06 AM
Hi guys,

Here is an article about ClientIdMode that you probably would like to read: http://www.west-wind.net/Weblog/posts/54760.aspx
This will give you a lot better idea about the ClientIdModes.

About the long generated ID's, you can fix this by placing your controls in a div-container and set the ClientIdMode of this container to static. This should cut the part of the id before this container.

Hope this is going to help you!

Regards,
Nikolay Tsenkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
rebtech
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Jul 2010, 05:40 PM
great so your telling me i have to go through 20K plus lines of javascript and fix this in order to use the newest release.
M
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Jul 2010, 12:39 AM
uhh-oh...i just noticed that the radTextbox has the same problem.  (as in...I can't change it's property away from AutoID).

Nikolay Tsenkov
Telerik team
answered on 27 Jul 2010, 11:41 AM
Hello,

I can confirm that the Q2 version forces AutoID as ClientIDMode. Our intention was only to make it the default value, but we also made it impossible to set another mode.

This has been fixed and ClientIDMode can be now set to different values. The change is part of the latest internal build that will be uploaded later today - 2010.2.727.

Apologies for the caused inconvenience.

Regards,
Nikolay Tsenkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
TreeView
Asked by
M
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
gunaah gunaah
Top achievements
Rank 1
Nikolay Tsenkov
Telerik team