RadTreeNodeBinding.Target is not honored after right clicking and opening url in new window

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Joey
    Joey avatar
    32 posts
    Member since:
    Feb 2008

    Posted 24 Jul 2009 Link to this post

    Ok, this is really odd behavior. I'm running windows Vista with IE7 and the 2009.1 402 version of the RadControls.
    I've got a page with a radsplitter with two panes; a left and a right. A rad treeview sits in the left pane which contains a bunch of links to local pages and when you left click on a treeview node the content loads in the right pane. I've set all of the RadTreeNodeBinding targets to the right pane's client id as seen below in the Page.Onload event. However we just noticed that if you right click a treeview node and select "Open in a new window" and then go to the new window that was opened and then navigate back to the main page that has the splitter/treeview then any node you click on will load the url in the entire window rather than just in the right pane. I've winmerged the source html between pages that exhibit the expected behavior and pages that show this un-expected behavior and there is no difference. My only conclusion is there is some sort of dynamic javascript used by the radtreeview and the splitter that has a defect.


    foreach (RadTreeNodeBinding binding in TreeView2.DataBindings)



    binding.Target = ContentPane.ClientID;


    1. Create and run a test project based on the info provided and left click on some links to confirm that the links open in the right pane.
    2. Right click a treeview node and select "open in a new window".
    3. Once the new window opens type in the url for the page from step one and navigate to it.
    4. Now left click any treeview node and see how the url no longer opens in the right pane, but rather navigates the entire window to the selected url which is not the expected behavior.

  2. Veselin Vasilev
    Veselin Vasilev avatar
    2992 posts

    Posted 29 Jul 2009 Link to this post

    Hello Joey,

    This seems like an IE problem (bug). You can easily replicate it using the standard <a> and <iframe> elements:

    <href="http://www.google.com" target="RadPane3">Click me</a> 
    <iframe name="RadPane3" width="500px" height="500px" id="RadPane3" ></iframe

    Kind regards,
    Veselin Vasilev
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Back to Top