This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadTooltipManager and RadGrid

1 Answer 51 Views
Ajax
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ben
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ben asked on 15 Nov 2011, 04:07 PM
Hello,

Sorry if this has been asked previously, but i have not seen it when searching...

I have a radgrid with 2 nested detail tables. This is using Ajax to populate the expanded tables. On the lowest level table i am associating a label in one of the columns with a RadToolTipManager to open a small summary based on the item clicked on as below:

Ajax Manager:
            <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="GridContent">
                <UpdatedControls>
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="GridContent" LoadingPanelID="LoadingPanel" />
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="HistoryToolTipManager" />
                </UpdatedControls>
            </telerik:AjaxSetting>

ItemDataBound grid event:

HistoryToolTipManager.TargetControls.Add(quantityLabel.ClientID, rowIndex.ToString(), true);

I then have an AjaxUpdate method that fires when a click is received on the QuantityLabel control. I can see this firing and can see that the tooltip is being created and populated.

However, the tooltip appears (empty) for about 2 seconds before disappearing again. This seems to be due to the grid also refreshing when the label is clicked on. I can see the content of the tooltip AND the grid being returned in the ajax response and i assume that this grid refresh makes the tooltip disappear again.

Is there any way to disable the grid refresh in this scenario? The ajax grid refreshing for the rest of the grid expansions is a requirement, so disabling all grid ajax is not a possibility.

This is using VS2010 and ASP.Net 4.0 with version 2011.2.712.40 of the Telerik dll.

Many Thanks.

Ben.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
answered on 16 Nov 2011, 03:52 PM
Hello Ben,

This can be hardly to achieve when the grid is ajaxified with RadAjaxManager. I would suggest that you ajaxify it using ASP:UpdatePanel with UpdateMode set to Conditional instead.
Check it out and let me know if this works for you.

Greetings,
Iana Tsolova
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
Tags
Ajax
Asked by
Ben
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
Share this question
or