I am using WPF to build out the mockup shown in the attached image. I wanted to know if the RadTimeline control can be used to build it faster.
- General: I saw this post and this other post asking related questions. Has the control changed significantly since then?
- Group Labels: I saw the world cup demo that has the group labels in the timeline. This works but takes up valuable vertical space for me. What would be the best way to have the label on the same row (before the items) as shown in the mockup?
- Adding New Items: Clicking the "plus" buttons adds a new item to the timeline row. I was going to use milestones and handle the click event. Is there a better way?
- Vertical Line: The vertical line moves if a user clicks in an empty region within the timeline control. Would I need to implement it as described in this thread or is there a simpler way now? Can you get the time directly from a click event?
- Drag/Reorder: Is it possible to reorder the items in a row by dragging and dropping them? Is this method still the best solution?
- Item Width: Currently, the item width is changed by changing the "duration" properties in the pane below the timeline. Would it possible to have users change the item width directly in the timeline?
- Item Coloring: The green region in each item indicates it's progress. Hence it is a different width for each item. I am assuming that this can be achieved using the ItemTemplateSelector. Is that correct?
Any other suggestions or tips that might help me?