I will do my best to answer all of your questions.
- Is it possible to use the RadTimeLine control to display incoming packets as shown in the prototype?
- => The template of the RadTimeline control differs from the image that you have attached. However, you can group items in groups and specify custom templates based on the type of the items. That is why, I believe the control could fit your needs.
- And to have packets’ details when hovering or clicking it ? (in a tooltip or side window).
- Also is it possible to have different ItemTemplates, one for each line ?
- => You can specify different templates for the different items, not the items on a ceratain row. Please refer to our Custom ItemTemplate demo for a reference. You can download our WPF QSF from here.
- Does the radTimeLine offers great zoom capabilities to be able to see each packet ?
- => By default the control calculates a value for the MinZoonRange property so that it prevents you from zooming in too deep. However, you can specify a value for that property that suites your scenario and this value will be respected.
Check out Telerik Analytics, the service which allows developers to discover app usage patterns, analyze user data, log exceptions, solve problems and profile application performance at run time. Watch the videos
and start improving your app based on facts, not hunches.