This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

radTextBox Control Problems with ver 2011.3 1115

6 Answers 92 Views
Input
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jerry Jansen
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jerry Jansen asked on 21 Nov 2011, 08:02 PM
I have two problems that I noticed with the new download of radControls for ASP.NET AJAX ver 2011.3 1115.

First I have had to go back to ver 2011.2 915 due to the problems below which work fine in 2011.2 915 and making the only change by updating to ver 2011.3 1115 causes the problems below.

1. I have the radTextBox control button showing and when I click on the button then nothing happens. Again in ver 2011.2.915 clicking on the button the code behind is run and works ok but with ver 2011.3.115 clicking on the button does nothing and does not run the code behind.
2. The size of the radTextBox control changes by growing in width. I have attached two images of the controls showing the size difference but only when the button is shown as the first 3 controls are also radTextBox controls and their widths stay the same.

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Milena
Telerik team
answered on 22 Nov 2011, 03:46 PM
Hello Jerry Jansen,

Based on the provided information it is hard to determine the cause of the problem. We need to be able to reproduce the issue locally to advice you. Please open a formal support ticket and send us a small working  project, demonstrating your scenario and showing the unwanted behavior.

Kind regards,
Milena
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
Jerry Jansen
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Nov 2011, 05:23 PM
Thanks Milena,

Further testing shows that the radTextbox width only changes on ver 2011.3 1115 when using Chrome or Safari, in IE and Firefox and Opera the width stays the same.
Milena
Telerik team
answered on 25 Nov 2011, 03:46 PM
Hello Jerry,

I followed your steps, but I could not reproduce the problem based on this information. To be able to further proceed, I will need you to send me a small working project, showing your scenario and the issue. I can forward it then to our developers so they investigate it and fix it shortly. 

Greetings,
Milena
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
Jerry Jansen
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Jan 2012, 07:14 PM
I found out that the problem only exists when ShowButton="True" and then the textbox does not respect it's width setting. The textbox and button takes up the entire cell even if I set: width="1px". With ShowButton="False" the textbox does respect it's width setting.

Here is the css I am using for the button:
ButtonCssClass="search"

.search{background:transparent url(../images/searchx54.png) no-repeat scroll top right!important;width:54px!important;height:22px!important;border:none;cursor:pointer;}

Galin
Telerik team
answered on 17 Jan 2012, 04:35 PM
Hi Jerry,

After a long testing I am able to observe the issue only in Chrome by adding a RadFormDecorator to the provided sample markup. Could you check out if this RadControl causes the problem?

However, you can exclude the TextBox from the decorated controls, e.g.
<telerik:RadFormDecorator ID="RadFormDecorator1" runat="server" DecoratedControls="RadioButtons,CheckBoxes,Buttons,H4H5H6, Label,Select, Scrollbars, ValidationSummary, Fieldset,  Textarea " />

Additionally, this issue is already fixed, could you upgrade to the latest official version (Q3 2011 SP1) of Telerik RadControls amd see how it goes?
In case the problem persists without RadFormDecorator, please let me know in which browser you are able to observe the issue.

Looking forward to your reply.

Greetings,
Galin
the Telerik team
Jerry Jansen
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Jan 2012, 04:50 PM
Thanks Galin, that fixed the problem.

I thought I had the latest version but I see a new one is out so I will download the new version.

Thanks again.
Tags
Input
Asked by
Jerry Jansen
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Milena
Telerik team
Jerry Jansen
Top achievements