This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

radtext box giving issues when set to 100 percent

6 Answers 121 Views
Input
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Harry
Top achievements
Rank 1
Harry asked on 03 Sep 2009, 06:08 AM
hi
i am working on telerik asp.net ajax controls using demo version i am using text boxes combo boxes etc with 100 percent width in my forms but only text boxes are causing issues they are not aligning properly they are coming as pyramid starting from top with lowest width to the last with max width
and when i am hiding splitter the text boxes auto adjust to width to cover the area but when i again bring back splitter they dont reduce themselves same issue is occurring with menu bar control i am using
and when i am doing this hiding and unhiding of splitter again and again text boxes and menu bar are increasing their sizes repeatedly this is causing me a great problem
i would be grateful if you help ASAP

regards
Harry

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimo
Telerik team
answered on 03 Sep 2009, 09:58 AM
Hello Harry,

Please notify us when posting a forum thread and a support ticket about the same thing.

The problem is observed if a 100% wide RadTextBox is placed inside a <table> with no column widths.

In case style1 is the CSS class of the <table> which holds all RadTextBoxes in the RadSplitter, please add the following CSS rule to your website:

.style1  .riTextBox
{
      width:99% !important;
}

If you upgrade to RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Q2 2009 or later, you can remove that CSS rule and set the following property:

<telerik:RadTextBox  Width="100%"  ShouldResetWidthInPixels="false"  />

Greetings,
Dimo
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Nirmala
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Jul 2012, 09:38 PM
Hi Dimo,

I am using RadCOntrol ASPNET 2012 Q2 . I tried  ShouldResetWidthInPixels="false"  /  and even tried setting the style still it didn't work. 

I tried setting the style for 
.rgDataDiv
  {
    position: relative;
  }
This resolved the align problem but didnt resolve the textbox resizing problem.

It would be great if you could help me out.

Thanks,
Nimmy
Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 19 Jul 2012, 08:35 AM
Hello Nimmy,

I am not sure what is the exact problem with textbox resizing based on the provided information. Can you elaborate a bit more in the details? Providing the problematic code and screenshots will also help to replicate the issue and advice you further.

All the best,
Pavlina
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Nirmala
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Jul 2012, 01:55 PM
Hi Pavlina,
   I just added a RadTextBox to my Grid. Here's code for that .
 <telerik:RadGrid ID="dg" runat="server" Width="99%" GridLines="Both" 
                    EnableAJAXLoadingTemplate="true" EnableAJAX="True" 
                    AllowMultiRowEdit="false"  OnItemCreated="dg_ItemCreated"
                   CellPadding="0" CellSpacing="1" HeaderStyle-HorizontalAlign="Center"
                    ItemStyle-HorizontalAlign="NotSet" ItemStyle-VerticalAlign="Middle" OnNeedDataSource="dg_NeedDataSource"
                    PageSize="20" AllowFilteringByColumn="True" AllowSorting="True" AutoGenerateColumns="False"
                    GroupingEnabled="False" EnableHeaderContextMenu="True" EnableHeaderContextFilterMenu="True">
                    <HeaderStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" Wrap="True"></HeaderStyle>
                    <ItemStyle VerticalAlign="Middle" Height="15px" />
                    <AlternatingItemStyle VerticalAlign="Middle" Height="15px" />
                    <PagerStyle Mode="NextPrevNumericAndAdvanced" Wrap="True" />
                    <MasterTableView AllowMultiColumnSorting="true" InsertItemDisplay="Top" DataKeyNames="dummyID"
                        IsFilterItemExpanded="false" TableLayout="Fixed" CellSpacing="-1">
                        <Columns>
                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn  HeaderText="Detail Description" DataField="detail_desc" SortExpression="detail_desc" />
                              <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText = "Detail Value"  DataField="detail_value" SortExpression="detail_value">
                              <HeaderStyle CssClass="NormalBold" Wrap="True" Width="50%" HorizontalAlign="Center" />
                                <ItemTemplate>
                                <asp:ImageButton id="edit" runat="server" Width="15px" Height="15px" OnClientClick="updatetextbox(this, event);"  ImageUrl="../../Images/edit.gif" BackColor="Transparent"></asp:ImageButton>
                                <telerik:RadTextBox ID="txtDetail_value" TextMode="MultiLine"  Width="95%" Height="48px" runat="server" MaxLength="2000" 
                                        CssClass="Normal"  />
                                 <telerik:RadToolTip ID="RadToolTip4" runat="server" Width="720px" Height="240px"
                                  Style="position:absolute; z-index: 51000"  Position="BottomCenter" OnClientBeforeShow="Configure" OffsetX="-5" OffsetY="-5"
                                   HideEvent="ManualClose" ShowEvent="OnClick" RelativeTo="Element"   TargetControlID="edit"> 
                                   <asp:Button ID="btn_txtDetail_value" runat="server" Text="Update" Width="120px" OnClick="btnADD_Click" />
                                   <asp:label id="lbl_desc" runat="server" 
                          BorderStyle="None" CssClass="NormalLabel" />

<telerik:RadTextBox ID="txtDetail_value1" TextMode="MultiLine"  Width="700px" Height="230px" MaxLength="2000"  runat="server"
                                        CssClass="Normal" />

</telerik:RadToolTip>
                                         <input id="hdnDummyID" runat="server" type="hidden" />
                                </ItemTemplate>
                            </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn   HeaderText="Required at Verif Level "  DataField="required_at_verif_levelText"
                                SortExpression="required_at_verif_levelText">

</telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                           <telerik:GridBoundColumn   HeaderText="Locked at Verif Level"  DataField="lock_at_verif_levelText"
                                SortExpression="lock_at_verif_levelText" />
                        </Columns>
                    </MasterTableView>
                    <HeaderStyle Font-Bold="True" Font-Italic="False" Font-Overline="False" Font-Strikeout="False"
                        Font-Underline="False" Wrap="True" ForeColor="Blue" />
                    <ClientSettings AllowColumnsReorder="True">
                        <Resizing AllowColumnResize="True"></Resizing>
                        <Selecting AllowRowSelect="true" EnableDragToSelectRows="false" />
                        <Scrolling AllowScroll="True" UseStaticHeaders="true" SaveScrollPosition="True" />
                        <ClientEvents OnColumnResizing="ColumnResizing" OnColumnHiding="checkForLast" />
                    </ClientSettings>
                </telerik:RadGrid>

Please refer to the attachment for the issue.

Thanks,
Nirmala Kalakonda

Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 23 Jul 2012, 02:58 PM
Hello Nirmala Kalakonda,

I tested the provided code and it is working as expected. I am attaching my test page for reference.Check it out and let me know what is the difference in you application.

All the best,
Pavlina
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 23 Jul 2012, 03:04 PM
Hello Nirmala Kalakonda,

I tested the provided code and it is working as expected. I am attaching my test page for reference.Check it out and let me know what is the difference in you application.

All the best,
Pavlina
the Telerik team
Tags
Input
Asked by
Harry
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimo
Telerik team
Nirmala
Top achievements
Rank 1