This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadSplitter not displaying 100% of the window height

3 Answers 81 Views
Splitter
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Dave
Top achievements
Rank 1
Dave asked on 23 Apr 2012, 09:55 PM
Hello

Similiar Thread
http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/splitter/radsplitter-height-100.aspx

To test
http://esm.demo.ipconfigure.com
user: telrik
pass: P@ssword

The Alarm Tab or Archive Tab both don't display the Splitter to the full height.  The height displayed is 1/2 of the available size.  If I enable compatibility mode then it displays full height.
<telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server"></telerik:RadScriptManager>
<telerik:RadSplitter ID="RadSplitter1" runat="server" Width="100%" Height="100%" HeightOffset="58" Skin="WebBlue" BackColor="#D1D8E2" BorderSize="0" PanesBorderSize="0" BorderWidth="0">
    <telerik:RadPane ID="navigationPane" runat="server" Width="244px" Scrolling="Y" Height="100%" BorderStyle="None">
        <table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0">
            <tr>
                <td class="NavPaneHeader">
                    Building Directory
                </td>
            </tr>
            <tr>
                <td>
                    <telerik:RadTreeView ID="RadTreeView1"
                                        runat="server"
                                        DragAndDrop="false"
                                        OnClientNodeClicked = "AfterClickHandler"
                                        OnClientNodeExpanded="onClientNodeToggle"
                                        OnClientNodeCollapsed="onClientNodeToggle"
                                        EnableViewState="false">
                    </telerik:RadTreeView>
                </td>
            </tr>
        </table>
    </telerik:RadPane>
    <telerik:RadSplitBar ID="RadSplitbar1" runat="server" CollapseMode="Forward" EnableResize="true" />
    <telerik:RadPane ID="map_frame" runat="server" BackColor="#cccccc" Scrolling="None" BorderStyle="None" ContentUrl="map_detail.aspx">
    </telerik:RadPane>
</telerik:RadSplitter>

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dobromir
Telerik team
answered on 26 Apr 2012, 11:22 AM
Hi Dave,

In the provided live URL I noticed that you are using RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX version 2009.3.1314.35. If the experienced problem occurs only under Internet Explorer 9 it might be caused by a JavaScript error thrown by RadSplitter. Please note that the used version does not support Internet Explorer 9 and to avoid this error you need to either upgrade to version that supports the browser (earliest version of RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX supporting Internet Explorer 9 is Q1 2011, however, it is highly recommended to use latest version of the controls) or add the following meta tag to the page to force simulation of Internet Explorer 8:
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=8" />

I tested the provided live URL under different browsers (w/o Internet Explorer 9) but was not able to observe the reported behavior. Could you please provide more detailed information on the specific scenario?
  • Under which browser and its version the problem occurs?
  • Are there any JavaScript errors thrown on the page during the page load? If so, could you please provide the exact error message?
  • Could you please provide the exact steps that need to be executed in order to observe the problem?
  • Could you please provide a simple fully runnable project reproducing the problem so we can investigate it further?

Also, this video demonstrates my test. Could you please see if I am not missing something?

All the best,
Dobromir
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Dave
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Apr 2012, 05:14 PM
Using IE 9 on Windows 7 and reproduces on any IE 9 browser we have tried. 
Dobromir
Telerik team
answered on 02 May 2012, 12:30 PM
Hi Dave,

As I mentioned in my previous answer the version of RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX (2009.3.1314.35) does not support Internet Explorer 9.

To avoid this issue you need to either upgrade to the latest version of RadControls (currently 2012.1.411) or add the following meta tag on the page:
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=8" />

Regards,
Dobromir
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
Splitter
Asked by
Dave
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dobromir
Telerik team
Dave
Top achievements
Rank 1