This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadSpell in MOSS 2010 - Invalid "web.config registration missing" javascript alert

3 Answers 55 Views
Spell
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Larkin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Larkin asked on 26 Mar 2013, 07:16 AM
I am using RadSpell v2012.2.724.35 (without RadEditor) to spell check a textbox in a custom SharePoint 2010 Web Part. I followed various threads to properly register the handlers in the web.config, but when I click the link button to initiate the spell check, I get the javascript alert "web.config registration missing". However, after clicking OK to dismiss the alert, the spell check dialog opens successfully and I am able to complete the spell check with no problems. It seems the logic that validates the presence of the handler registration is wrong in this case, as the spell control works perfectly.

What do I need to do to get rid of this error message?

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 27 Mar 2013, 12:22 PM
Hi,

If you have installed RadEditor for SharePoint on this server, you can directly configure RadSpell for ASP.NET AJAX to use its dialog and spellcheck handlers which are available as physical resources in the \Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\wpresources\RadEditorSharePoint\6.6.0.0__1f131a624888eeed\Resources folder, e.g

<telerik:RadSpell ButtonType="None"
DictionaryPath="/_wpresources/RadEditorSharePoint/6.x.0.0__1f131a624888eeed/Resources/App_Data/RadSpell/"
AjaxUrl="/_wpresources/RadEditorSharePoint/6.x.x.0__1f131a624888eeed/Resources/Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.ashx"
HandlerUrl="/_wpresources/RadEditorSharePoint/6.x.x.0__1f131a624888eeed/Resources/Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx"

id="RadSpell1" ControlToCheck="Content" IsClientID="true" runat="server"></telerik:RadSpell>

For your convenience I have also attached the Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.ashx and Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx hanlders, in case, you have not have installer RadEditor for SharePoint on the server. You can place them in some folder and set the AjaxUrl and HandlerUrl properties to point to them.

Kind regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Larkin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Mar 2013, 06:58 AM
As I mentioned in my original post, I did place the Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.ashx and Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx handler files and I referenced those paths in the RadSpell control's declaration. In fact, I also mentioned that the dialog does successfully open and functions correctly, so obviously the dialogs work as they are supposed to. The problem is that it still pops up the error alert that the handlers need to be registered. If the spell check dialog is clearly working correctly, why is the control displaying this error message anyway?
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 01 Apr 2013, 03:33 PM
Hello,

I created a custom visual web part with RadSpell for ASP.NET AJAX and I was unable to reproduce the reported problem. For your convenience I have attached the web part and a video demonstrating how it works: http://screencast.com/t/ugiLjZw1q.

All the best,
Rumen
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
Spell
Asked by
Larkin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Rumen
Telerik team
Larkin
Top achievements
Rank 1