This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadScriptManager + javascript loading with SharePoint 2007

1 Answer 66 Views
Ajax
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ilona
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ilona asked on 03 May 2009, 07:04 PM
Hi,

I'm using RAD controls on my SharePoint publishing pages. Everything works smoothly in my test environment (which runs on server 2003). In test/production environment (server 2008 + newer AJAX libraries), javascripts from WebResource.axd are not loaded completely.

Specifically, the menu hovering does not work and there is a Javascript error on the page. I'm using the OOTB SharePoint menu control. The "fly-out effect" does not work now since relevant scripts don't get loaded. If I don't use script manager on the page OR if I use the standard .NET script manager, scripts are loaded correctly.

However, I can't use the .NET script manager in my solution. If I use that, Telerik tab strip does not work. The tabs are generated, but it is not possible to switch between the tabs by clicking the tab --- which kind of defeats the purpose. Note that in my test environment tabs works well with .NET script manager.

Do you have any ideas for this? Right now I'm forced to choose lesser of the two evils (menu not working), but it is very bad for the usability of my site and I also really don't like the javascript error message that is now shown on every page.

Btw, I tried the Telerik menu control as well. Hovering works fine with that, but it doesn't support the "SharePoint data source" well enough - and also I can't use it to create the horizontal menu I want.

Ilona

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Todd Anglin
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 06 May 2009, 05:27 AM
For SharePoint, I think it is best to use the "standard" ASP.NET ScriptManager control. If I recall correctly, there are some SharePoint security issues with the RadScriptManager that have to be configured before it will work correctly.

That said, the regular ScriptManager should work with RadTabStrip. If the control is rendering and the tabs are failing, it's usually due to a JS error on the page. Can you look at your JS error console and let us know what errors you're seeing?

Thanks!
-Todd
Tags
Ajax
Asked by
Ilona
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Todd Anglin
Top achievements
Rank 2