This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadScriptBlock update after Ajax-Request in version 2016.1.113.45

6 Answers 143 Views
Ajax
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Christian
Top achievements
Rank 1
Christian asked on 19 Jan 2016, 04:55 PM

Hi!

After the upgrade to version 2016.1.113.45 the RadScriptBlock is updated every time after an AjaxRequest on the page though the RadScriptBlock is not embedded in an Update-Panel nor  in a collection of the RadAjaxManager(Proxy) UpdatedControls. This destroys all my previous JavaScript initialization after an Ajax-Postback :(

With version 2015.3.1111.45 everything is working as expected.

In the sample below the timestamp is updated after every Ajax-Postback...

<telerik:RadScriptBlock ID="MainScriptBlock" runat="server">
    <script type="text/javascript">
        alert("<%= DateTime.Now.ToString() %>");
    </script>
</telerik:RadScriptBlock>

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Christian
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Jan 2016, 01:11 PM

Ok, if I use the RadCodeBlock instead of RadScriptBlock it's not updating the JavaScript block after an ajax update on a different part of the page anymore.

Anyway, RadScriptBlock behaved different in the old version.

Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Jan 2016, 01:30 PM

Thank you Christian. I had the same problem. Everything was just fine. I updated to Q1 2016 and all my Ajax just stopped working.

Thanks again.

Accepted
Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 22 Jan 2016, 03:53 PM
Hello,

Indeed you are right that this problem with the ScriptBlock that is updated after ajax request persists and we will fix it for the upcoming Q1 2016 SP1 release. I have updated your Telerik points for bringing this issue to our attention.

Regards,
Pavlina
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Christian
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Jan 2016, 07:23 AM
Thanks, Pavlina.
Lenny_shp
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 25 Jan 2016, 03:50 PM

Are you guys internally using http://www.telerik.com/teststudio/testing-framework?

http://www.telerik.com/teststudio

Can you describe what was changed in Ajax Manager that lead to this bug?

Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 25 Jan 2016, 04:24 PM
Hello,

As you can see from the release notes : http://www.telerik.com/support/whats-new/aspnet-ajax/release-history/ui-for-asp-net-ajax-q1-2016-version-2016-1-113 the only fix introduced in this version for RadAjaxManger is this one - RadScritpBlock can not register scripts if the ajax initiator is removed from the page after the request and this is the change that leads to the problem you encounter. However, as I mentioned it is already fixed and the fix for this bug will be included in the next internal build and SP1 release which is scheduled for the end of February.

Regards,
Pavlina
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Ajax
Asked by
Christian
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Christian
Top achievements
Rank 1
Paul
Top achievements