This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadScheduler timelineview failed with the EndDate value 30-12-9999

1 Answer 44 Views
Scheduler
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Lam
Top achievements
Rank 1
Lam asked on 28 Sep 2015, 11:15 AM

hi,

I think this is quite an extreme test but this is what happen:

+ Pass endDate to RadScheduler with the value of 30-12-9999 ( or 31-12-9999) the maximum date that a date control can support.

Then RadScheduler run into a runtime error, below is the stack trace :

System.DateTime.AddTicks(Int64 value)
System.DateTime.Add(TimeSpan value)
Telerik.Web.UI.Scheduler.Views.Timeline.Model.DataBind(AppointmentCollection appointments)
Telerik.Web.UI.Scheduler.Views.Timeline.GroupedByResource.Model.DataBind(AppointmentCollection appointments)
Telerik.Web.UI.RadScheduler.CreateContent()
Telerik.Web.UI.RadScheduler.CreateChildControls(Boolean bindFromDataSource)
System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls()
Telerik.Web.UI.RadScheduler.LoadPostData(String postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection)

The reason is : Radscheduler try to AddTick to a MaxDate value. (Currently the Timelineview.TimeSlotDuration  = 1 day - the defaulted value)

My question : Why it failed even if I pass in 30-12-9999 . Because the MaxDate should be 31-12-9999

I am thinking of only allow date <= 30-12-9999  ( but now it failed with this value 30-12-9999)

And restrict it to 29-12-9999 does not look right.

Any idea is much appreciated.

regards,

Lam.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Ivan Danchev
Telerik team
answered on 01 Oct 2015, 07:28 AM
Hello Lam,

I am afraid the RadScheduler is not designed to work with date values as big as 30.12.9999. For instance the upper year limit for the Appointments EndDate is 2099. I would suggest adding a Feature Request in our Feedback Portal if you believe such raise in the Date range is needed and would be useful.

Regards,
Ivan Danchev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Scheduler
Asked by
Lam
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ivan Danchev
Telerik team
Share this question
or