This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadScheduler + Sharepoint 2010

13 Answers 160 Views
Scheduler
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ronak
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ronak asked on 28 Oct 2010, 03:41 PM
HI there
can i use Rad scheduler to add,edit,delete and display item from sharepoint 2010 calendar list.
also can i user any custom fields beside description,subject,room,user ?
please advise

13 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
answered on 01 Nov 2010, 02:23 PM
Hi Ronak,

Please see this sample visual web part for a demonstration on how to bind RadScheduler to SharePoint lists - http://sharepoint.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/web-parts/Pages/Telerik-RadScheduler-Web-Part.aspx.

I hope this helps.

All the best,
Tsvetomir Tsonev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Ronak
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Nov 2010, 02:30 PM
Thanks sir for you reply actually i did download this code and by looking at code it store data in sharepoint custom list that's good something i can look into for future projects.
but we did have all item in calendar lists now i want to use radscheduler for only disply events from sharepoint calendar list well its not that hard for single event but thing get complicated for recurrence events because telerik and sharepoint has different recurrence engine.
i looked at all forums for rad scheduler but they all are old one from 2008 do you have any class in rad scheduler from migration of rules.
please advise
Ronak 
Ronak
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Nov 2010, 03:41 PM
Hi There i was using rad scheduler control to add,delete and update events in sharepoint list so set readonly property false now when i click on recurrance checkbox it doesnt work also once i click on Month view then try to click on day or week view doesnt work.

please advise i am using only your code.

T. Tsonev
Telerik team
answered on 05 Nov 2010, 05:06 PM
Hi Ronak,

I can confirm that there's no direct mapping between RadScheduler's and SharePoint's recurrence.

That said, a customer of ours (Aroh Shukla) has submitted a solution to this problem in this Code Library - http://www.telerik.com/community/code-library/aspnet-ajax/scheduler/radscehduler-sharepoint-recurrence.aspx

I hope this helps.

Sincerely yours,
Tsvetomir Tsonev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
H.
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Aug 2011, 06:47 PM
Hi there,

I used the code from Aroh Shukla and it is work great, but the part of saving the information back to SharePoint Calendar list is not explain. Could you help me understand how I should implement these two events? I know How to update Calendar list using Sharepoint Object Model but still I do not know how to link the sharepoint forms to the RadScheduler. I really need your help in this.... 

/*****************************************************************************************
             * For overriding SharePoint forms (new/edit) and not using RADScheduler new/edit forms.
             *****************************************************************************************/ 
            theScheduler.FormCreating += new SchedulerFormCreatingEventHandler(theScheduler_FormCreating);  
            theScheduler.TimeSlotCreated += new TimeSlotCreatedEventHandler(theScheduler_TimeSlotCreated);  

Peter
Telerik team
answered on 11 Aug 2011, 12:41 PM
Hi H.,

Please, see this help topic -
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/moss-display-and-edit-appointments.html

I hope you find it helpful.

Regards,
Peter
the Telerik team

Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.

H.
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Aug 2011, 03:15 PM
Thanks Peter but I want to user the RADScheduler not the SpRadSchedure Web part.  Do you know how I can implement the follwing code?
  * For overriding SharePoint forms (new/edit) and not using RADScheduler new/edit forms.
             *****************************************************************************************/ 
            theScheduler.FormCreating += new SchedulerFormCreatingEventHandler(theScheduler_FormCreating);  
            theScheduler.TimeSlotCreated += new TimeSlotCreatedEventHandler(theScheduler_TimeSlotCreated);  

Thx
Hank
Clint
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Aug 2011, 10:39 PM
Tsvetomir,

Do you still have this sample available? I know you're probably pushing people towards your sharepoint web part, but I need additional functionality and this sample might be a great place to start. 

Thanks!
Kalina
Telerik team
answered on 17 Aug 2011, 02:03 PM
Hi Clint,

I have attached here the old RadScheduler WebPart sample that used to be available for downloading from our site.

All the best,
Kalina
the Telerik team

Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.

H.
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Aug 2011, 03:27 PM
Thanks Kalina!! 
Clint
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Aug 2011, 04:18 PM
Thanks so much!  This helps out a TON!
Neo
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Mar 2013, 07:36 PM
I'm receiving Telerik is undefined error with this Visual WebPart. What am I missing?

Boyan Dimitrov
Telerik team
answered on 02 Apr 2013, 10:23 AM
Hello,

I have noticed that you have already resolved an issue for RadScheduler + Sharepoint 2010 in the following thread 676495.
If you are still facing the issue described here, please send us your configuration file for further investigation.
It seems that this problem is caused by some configuration settings, so could you please clarify what version of our RadControls you are using? Clarifying whether you use just the RadScheduler control in your page or some other RadControls will be very helpful.

Regards,
Boyan Dimitrov
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
Scheduler
Asked by
Ronak
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
Ronak
Top achievements
Rank 1