This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadScheduler, RadAjaxManager and RadTooltipManager Problem

6 Answers 117 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
InfySam
Top achievements
Rank 1
InfySam asked on 09 May 2012, 03:39 PM
Hi,

I have a requirement of using user control for tooltip. I am using RadScheduler, RadAjaxManager and the RadToolTipManager together. I followed all the steps as discussed in this but still there is a problem hitting OnAjaxUpdate event. I absolutely have no idea why OnAjaxUpdate event is not firing on Mouse hover of scheduler's appointment. Can someone please help me in this regard.

Thanks in Advance.

Note: I found that in view source code "loadOndemand"=false. can someone please tell me how to make this to true.

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
InfySam
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 May 2012, 09:44 PM
Can someone please tell me what is wrong with LoadOnDemand property of RadTooltipManager. Why is this set to false when viewed in View source? How can I make it to true in order to trigger my OnAjaxUpdate event?
FYI, I am using Sitefinity page.
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 14 May 2012, 11:18 AM
Hi,

Can you confirm there aren't multiple instances of the RadToolTipManager control on the page and that this is the correct one you are examining and adding target controls to? What happens if you leave only the code from this online demo on your page? Are there more $create() statements for other tooltip managers? Where are the target controls added and which one has the OnAjaxUpdate attached? Can you campare the IDs of the controls you use in the markup and in the code-behind and see if they match? I would also advise against using the RadAjaxManager in this case, a better approach would be to wrap both the RadToolTipManager and RadScheduler in an asp UpdatePanel with UpdateMode set to Conditional, like shown in the demo.

All the best,
Marin
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
InfySam
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 May 2012, 06:54 PM
Hi marin,

Glad to see your reply. Here are the findings..
1. There are no multiple instances of RadToolTipManager control on the page. There is only one RadToolTipmanager  
and to that only traget controls are added.
2. When I use the code given in the online demo I can only see 'Loading..' text on mouse hover of appointment.
3. The Target controls added are Appointments (Appointment's ClientID) of RadScheduler
4. OnAjaxUpdate event is attached to RadToolTipManager.
5. I am sorry to say wrapping both the RadToolTipManager and RadScheduler in an asp UpdatePanel with UpdateMode set to Conditional also did not work. 

Thanks.
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 17 May 2012, 03:34 PM
Hello,

I isolated the demo in a user control and things work fine with me. I am attaching here the simple page I used for testing and a screen capture of how things work with me,  the database and connection string you can obtain from the demos (Telerik.mdf and TelerikConnectionString from the web.config).

Can you compare this page with yours and see where the major differences are? For example tooltip manager settings, or the way appointments are added (if the incorrect element is added it will not throw the proper mouseover event and will not pass the expected data).

I suggest you examine my page and use it as base for getting this functionality running in your case.

Alternatively, you can go for a client-side approach as shown in this code library entry.

All the best,
Marin
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
InfySam
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 May 2012, 07:08 PM
Hi Marin,

In addition to RadScheduler and RadTooltipManger in the update panel there are few dropdownlists, Repeater control and div tags as well. RadScheduler has <AppoinmentTemplate> tag also. There is a little bit jquery code written in 'document.ready' to change the look of radScheduler cell containing appointments (Even before using jquery also it did not work, hence I can tell you there is no trouble because of jquery). Rest of the thing is as is as given in the example code provided by you. I am not sure why the ajax isn't firing still. I played around the same thing in many ways like using RadAjaxManager etc.. but to no vail. 

This usercontrol is basically deployed as a widget in sitefinity. Any help in this ajax firing is highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 21 May 2012, 04:12 PM
Hello,

I tried adding the files to Sitefinity and I am attaching here these versions and a short video that shows how it can be done. If using them still does not help you to get it working I suggest that you open a support ticket and send us a simple, runnable solution that shows the problem so we can investigate this case further. In the meantime you can also see if you are using the AjaxControlToolkit assembly in this project (or you simply have its dll in the Bin) and if removing it helps. I am asking this because we've had cases where its mere presence outputs wrong MS AJAX scripts on the page which breaks a lot of other functionality on which the RadControls are based. Also, can you confirm that there isn't a server error in the OnAjaxUpdate event that simply prevents the tooltip from receiving any meaningful response? This is easiest confirmed by adding running the project in debug mode and stepping through the code. Also the OnAjaxUpdate event handler must be added statically (in the markup or via the Handles clause for VB) and not dynamically in the code-behind.

All the best,
Marin Bratanov
the Telerik team
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
InfySam
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
InfySam
Top achievements
Rank 1
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team