This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadScheduler in timeline view has maximum enddate of today + 365 days.

5 Answers 132 Views
Scheduler
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Karl
Top achievements
Rank 1
Karl asked on 21 May 2013, 04:40 PM
We've developed a tool for a client of ours that uses the radScheduler control so they can make plans for their consultants for the future.

However, we've received a call today to say that they cannot view data beyond 1 year into the future. I've done some testing, and noticed that the end date is indeed 365 days from today (today being 21st May 2013 - EndDate is 21st May 2014) , and it's read only. If I set the StartDate of the timeline view to be after this (30th June 2014), the radScheduler control only shows data up to the TimeLineView EndDate and not beyond.

How can I get around this, and force the radScheduler control to show data beyond 365 days from a given date?

We are using an older version of the control, but you have removed other controls we use (such as RadPanelBar) so upgrading will be a major pain.

Karl

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Bozhidar
Telerik team
answered on 24 May 2013, 10:20 AM
Hi Karl,

I'm not quite sure I understand what the issue is. The TimelineView doesn't have a property StartDate or EndDate, neither does the Scheduler itself. Are you talking about an Appointment's StartDate and EndDate?

Can you also attach some markup and screenshots of how the scheduler appears in the browser, so that we can get a better understanding of the issue.

Regards,
Bozhidar
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Karl
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 May 2013, 06:33 PM
It seems I've made the age old mistake of posting to the wrong group. This should be in the winforms forums.

However, this should be simple to replicate, as I have done ( with the latest controls), be simply creating a new solution, add a winform form object, add a radScheduler control to it, set it to timeline view, and run the project.

You should see your schedule control on the form and if you scroll to the right as far as you can go, this will be the system date + 365 days, and you cannot make it go any further.

That's my issue. I need to be able to scroll further. Perhaps in the next version this could be a setting for the control which if left empty, gives the user 1 years either side of the system date, but if the user specifies a larger time period, then this is displayed instead.

Anton
Telerik team
answered on 29 May 2013, 02:45 PM
Hi Karl,

Thank you for writing.

Currently, you can increase the range of TimeLine View of RadScheduler by setting its RangeStartDate and RangeEndDate properties.The following code snippet demonstrates how to set range bigger than one year:
this.radScheduler1.GetTimelineView().RangeStartDate = new DateTime(2010, 1, 1);
this.radScheduler1.GetTimelineView().RangeEndDate = new DateTime(2020, 1, 1);

You can read more about TimeLine view in this documentation article: http://www.telerik.com/help/winforms/scheduler-views-timeline-view.html

I hope this information helps.

Regards,
Anton
Telerik
RadChart for WinForms is obsolete. Now what?
Sandy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Sep 2013, 05:50 PM
Hi 
Currently in my Rad Scheduler Time Line view I can See 3 days.
I want to see 4 days.How can Make it.Please Let me know.
Boyan Dimitrov
Telerik team
answered on 05 Sep 2013, 04:05 PM
Hello,

Please use the following RadScheduler timeline view settings in order to control how many days to be displayed and the duration of each time slot:
  1. NumberOfSlots 
  2. SlotDuration

Please note that this question is related to the RadScheduler for ASP.NET AJAX instead of WinForms. If you need any further assistance regarding RadScheduler for ASP.NET AJAX please use the RadScheduler for ASP.NET AJAX forum section.

Regards,
Boyan Dimitrov
Telerik
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for WINFORMS.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Tags
Scheduler
Asked by
Karl
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Bozhidar
Telerik team
Karl
Top achievements
Rank 1