This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadProgressArea not appearing using Development server, VS2008

2 Answers 82 Views
Upload (Obsolete)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Andrew
Top achievements
Rank 1
Andrew asked on 22 Dec 2008, 11:00 PM
    I'm new to Telerik controls and trying to do the Getting Started section from the documentation on RadUpload.  The only variant in my code is that the upload control is in the content form for a Master page.  (The master page has the ScriptManager on it.)

When I click Submit, the files are transferred to the Files folder, but the RadProgressArea never becomes visible.

I'm executing this code using the default F5 in Visual Studio 2008, which launches the page in the VS's ASP.NET Development Server.  I'm running on WinXP, SP2, and using RadControls for ASPNET AJAX Q3 2008.

Are there any known issues with this configuration?  Is there something else I should try?

Thanks,
    Andy

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Peter
Telerik team
answered on 23 Dec 2008, 02:51 PM
Hello Andrew,

In a localhost project the upload might happen too quickly for the RadProgressArea to be seen. Have you tried with larger files for example 30-40 mb?

Peter
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Andrew
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Dec 2008, 04:12 PM
    Yep, with a 40M+ file I can see that it works fine.  I probably should have thought of trying a large file, although I thought the line

System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(3000);  

in the example was to give it time to appear.  In any case, thanks for your kind assistance.

Andy

Tags
Upload (Obsolete)
Asked by
Andrew
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Peter
Telerik team
Andrew
Top achievements