This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadNumericTextBox Q1 2011 problem with Firefox (v27)

4 Answers 22 Views
Input
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
ANTONIA ILIOPOULOU
Top achievements
Rank 1
ANTONIA ILIOPOULOU asked on 06 Feb 2014, 11:49 AM
Hi,

I am using RadNumericTextBox inside a RadGrid and I am setting the values of each row from server side.  This works fine for the last 2 years and it has been tested with several browsers (IE, Firefox, Opera, Safari).
Now, I got the latest update of Firefox (version 27) and this isn't working. The RadNumericTextBox in each row remains empty. When I tested again with Firefox older version (e.g 24) this still works fine.
Could you please help me with this problem?

Kind regards,
Antonia

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 07 Feb 2014, 10:20 AM
Hi,

Unfortunately I couldn't replicate the issue at my end. Please have a look into the sample code snippet which works fine at my end.

ASPX:
<telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid1" runat="server" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1" OnItemDataBound="grid1_ItemDataBound">
    <MasterTableView>
        <Columns>
            <telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                <ItemTemplate>
                    <telerik:RadNumericTextBox ID="RadNumericTextBox1" runat="server">
                    </telerik:RadNumericTextBox>
                </ItemTemplate>
            </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
        </Columns>
    </MasterTableView>
</telerik:RadGrid>

C#:
public static int i = 0;
protected void grid1_ItemDataBound(object sender, Telerik.Web.UI.GridItemEventArgs e)
{
    if (e.Item is GridDataItem)
    {
        RadNumericTextBox numbertext = (RadNumericTextBox)e.Item.FindControl("RadNumericTextBox1");
        numbertext.Text = i.ToString();
        i = i + 5;
    }
}

Thanks,
Shinu.
ANTONIA ILIOPOULOU
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Feb 2014, 10:27 AM
Hi Shinu,

I am setting the value property and not the text. But I don't believe that this is the problem, because as I mentioned in older Mozilla versions (and all the other browsers) with the exact same code I don't have any problems.  So, it's a bit strange to stop working suddenly.
Is there a possibility that the version Q1 2011 has problems with the latest Mozilla version?

Thanks,
Antonia
ANTONIA ILIOPOULOU
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Feb 2014, 03:35 PM
Hi,

I add a screenshot where it shows that the RadNumericTextBox shows 0 as value while in source code it seems that the values has been set correctly.
Does anyone have any ideas about that?

Thanks,
Antonia
Viktor Tachev
Telerik team
answered on 11 Feb 2014, 08:42 AM
Hello Antonia,

I tried replicating the issue you describe, however I was unable to. I am attaching a sample project I used for testing with the Q1 2011 version of our controls. The value for RadNumericTextBox is set in the code-behind and it is displayed as expected on my end. Would you let me know what needs to be changed in the project so that the problem is replicated? Would you also elaborate more on your scenario? When are you setting the value for the RadNumericTextBox?

This being said it is recommended to use the latest version of our controls (currently 2013.3.1324) as it includes different improvements and new features.

Regards,
Viktor Tachev
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the UI for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Tags
Input
Asked by
ANTONIA ILIOPOULOU
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
ANTONIA ILIOPOULOU
Top achievements