RadNotification set_text() will not display message

3 posts, 0 answers
  1. Vanessa
    Vanessa avatar
    3 posts
    Member since:
    Jun 2012

    Posted 09 Jul 2012 Link to this post


    I am using Telerik Controls v 2011.3.1115.35 on a .net 3.5 framework.  I am trying to set the text of the Notification via javascript in this code:

    var notification = $find(Notification_ClientID);
    var message = "Error";
    notification.set_title("Error Notification");

    The title is set, the notification displays, but not the text.  I read that there was a bug in this previously, but I believe I have the latest version...can I get some help with this?

    Thank you.

  2. Princy
    Princy avatar
    17421 posts
    Member since:
    Mar 2007

    Posted 09 Jul 2012 Link to this post

    Hi Vanessa,

    I tried to reproduce your issue in the latest(2012, 2, 607, 40) version and is working as expected. Please try upgrading to the the latest version.Following is the code that I tried.

    <telerik:RadNotification ID="RadNotification1" runat="server" Width="300px" ></telerik:RadNotification>
    <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" OnClientClick="OnClientClick(); return false;" />

    <script type="text/javascript">
        function OnClientClick() {
            var notification = $find("<%= RadNotification1.ClientID %>");
            var message = "Error";
            notification.set_title("Error Notification");

    Hope this helps.

  3. Robert Bross
    Robert Bross avatar
    27 posts
    Member since:
    Oct 2012

    Posted 11 Oct 2012 Link to this post

    What I found to be the issue in my case was I had a ContentTemplate defined with the notification message text set there instead of on the Text property of the RadNotification Control itself like this...

    <telerik:RadNotification ID="FormMessage" Width="300px" Height="100px" runat="server" ...>
    Test Form Message

    With this setup, the notification message would never get updated when using the set_text property from JS. Removing the ContentTemplate and assigning the "Test Form Message" to the Text Property of the control resolves the issue and the set_text method now works as expected.
Back to Top