I am using a masked text box to allow my users to enter text that also has literal text in the box for example the text box has a the literal text of "My name is : " and I want the user to enter text of a date. Since every name is a different length I added the small loop below. Have not had anybody need more space. I also set the RadMaskedTextBox to always selectAll when the field is entered.
radusertext.SelectionOnFocus = SelectionOnFocus.SelectAll
Here are the issues I am having
1) The FreeMaskPart does not show any mask space holders. This is good for the most part. when the user first enters the box and types there name all is good. For example they enter the name "Paul"
2) If the user leaves the text box and then re-enters it all text is selected. The issue keeps coming where the user enters the textbox then clicks to the last char in this example the "l". The reality is they clicked the end but they are not on the "l" they are at the end of the mask or in this example 36 charectors past the "l" 40 char of the mask - 4 char in "paul". If they hit the backspace or the left arrow key it appears that nothing is happening even though they are moving back along the mask. As stated in "1" above the "FreeMaskPart" option does not show any actual mask chars.
So what I need to be able to do is this:
1) not limit the mask to 40 chars but make is any lenght
2) when they re-enter the masked box and click the end of the box not have to hit the backspace or left arrow key 36 times from the example above
3) least favorite option show an underline for the masked character. When using "New Telerik.Web.UI.FreeMaskPart()" there is no masked text indication so they at least see where the cursor is in the box
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated