This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadMaskedTextBox

9 Answers 232 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ramya Pulipaka
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ramya Pulipaka asked on 03 Sep 2008, 03:46 PM
Hi,

I am using RadMaskedTextBox i know if i do this  (###) ###-#### it will take numeric values but what if i want something like this. ______@yahoo.com. i tried using aaaa@yahoo.com in the custom mask but it will show something like this on the screen @yah.@yahoo.com. what should i do let user enter any input but with a mask @yahoo.com.

ramya

9 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Missing User
answered on 03 Sep 2008, 03:52 PM
Hello Ramya,

To see more information on the requested functionality, please refer to the following article. I hope this information helps.

All the best,
Plamen
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Ramya Pulipaka
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Sep 2008, 04:00 PM
Hi,
Thanks for that quick reply. I can use a validator but i will still require a mask on the textbox that is why i chose masked textbox. is there a way to implement a mask for my situation.

Thanks,
Ramya
Missing User
answered on 03 Sep 2008, 04:09 PM
Hello Ramya Pulipaka,

Currently, the RadMaskedTextBox control does not support Email format validation. However, we will add it to our feature request list for upcoming versions of our product.

Thank you for sharing your idea.

Regards,
Plamen
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Ramya Pulipaka
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Sep 2008, 04:33 PM
Ok. can i use custom mask for this. i dont specifically require this for an email. what if i just need a custom mask with some text in it and takes some input from user. is this possible. what does 'a' mean.it is mentioned as freemaskpart.what is its use.

Ramya
Missing User
answered on 03 Sep 2008, 04:42 PM
Hello Ramya ,

RadMaskedTextBox uses a mask string to control the text the user can enter.

a - Accepts any character. If this position is blank in the mask, it is rendered as a prompt character.

More information can be found at: http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/input_radmaskedtextboxmasks.html

Best wishes,
Plamen
the Telerik team

Ramya Pulipaka
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Sep 2008, 04:47 PM
Thanks for that.

can i make the number of characters entered by user flexible.
currently i'm doing this  aaaa@yahoo.com in the custom mask and this is allowing only 4 characters to be entered by the user and if they enter less than that, its not taking the value. is there any way i can make this flexible.

Ramya
Missing User
answered on 04 Sep 2008, 08:11 AM
Hi Ramya,

The RadMaskedTextBox control uses a number of properties to represent its value:

• Text: the text the user entered into the control. This value does not include any literal characters in the mask or prompt characters.
  • TextWithLiterals: the text the user entered, plus any literal characters in the mask, but no prompt characters.
  • TextWithPrompt: the text the user entered, with prompt characters for any characters the user has not yet entered, but with none of the literal characters from the mask. This property is read only.
  • TextWithPromptAndLiterals: The value as it appears in the control, including the text the user entered plus any prompt characters for characters the user has not yet entered and any literal characters that come from the mask. This property is read only.
You can use the Text property

All the best,
Plamen
the Telerik team

Ramya Pulipaka
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Sep 2008, 12:28 PM
Hi,

thanks for the reply.I will have to have a mask.so i can't use only text i will have to use text with literals property but the text user enters is limited by number of a's that i put in front of the literal. can this be made flexible.

Ramya
Missing User
answered on 04 Sep 2008, 12:35 PM
Hi Ramya Pulipaka,

Unfortunately, the current version of RadMaskedtextBox does not support variable length of its characters - every character should be described in the Mask property.

All the best,
Plamen
the Telerik team

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Ramya Pulipaka
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Missing User
Ramya Pulipaka
Top achievements
Rank 1
Share this question