This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RADLoadingPanel won't work well in SharePoint 2010 Application Page

3 Answers 43 Views
Ajax
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
CH
Top achievements
Rank 1
CH asked on 30 Dec 2011, 01:21 AM
Hi,
i was going through your tutorial on AJAX which i download from "http://www.telerik.com/support/documentation-and-tutorials/step-by-step-tutorial-for-ajax.aspx"

In the "Having an Out-of-panel Experience with RadAjaxManager" chapter which i have completed, i notice my behaviour is different from what it is expected. When i first time click on the calendar on the AjaxCalendar, using RadAjaxManager, my RADLoadingPanel didnt show, but the datetime did shows in the label, when i click for the second time, the RADLoadingPanel show.

Is RADAJAX is not fully compatible with SharePoint 2010? Any know issue with the RAD tool with SharePoint?

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Marin
Telerik team
answered on 02 Jan 2012, 11:51 AM
Hello chuin hun,

Depending on the type of your Sharepoint project RadAjaxManager might require additional settings - for example its AjaxSettings should be added in the code behind in the OnLoad event as shown in this help topic. Also RadAjaxPanel is not fully compatible in Sharepoint environment that's why we recommend using RadAjaxManager.

Kind regards,
Marin
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
CH
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Jan 2012, 04:42 AM
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I was wondering, even i uses ASPX(Page) not webpart, i still have to follows the setting in the tutorial?

I am using SharePoint 2010 version.
Regards,
CH
Marin
Telerik team
answered on 03 Jan 2012, 10:12 AM
Hi,

Yes, when you use an ASPX page you should also add the settings for the RadAjaxManager in the OnLoad event. For webparts you can also override the CreateChildControls method of the web part and add the ajax settings there.

All the best,
Marin
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
Tags
Ajax
Asked by
CH
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Marin
Telerik team
CH
Top achievements
Rank 1