RADLoadingPanel won't work well in SharePoint 2010 Application Page

4 posts, 1 answers
  1. CH
    CH avatar
    48 posts

Posted 29 Dec 2011 Link to this post

Hi,
    i was going through your tutorial on AJAX which i download from "http://www.telerik.com/support/documentation-and-tutorials/step-by-step-tutorial-for-ajax.aspx"

In the "Having an Out-of-panel Experience with RadAjaxManager" chapter which i have completed, i notice my behaviour is different from what it is expected. When i first time click on the calendar on the AjaxCalendar, using RadAjaxManager, my RADLoadingPanel didnt show, but the datetime did shows in the label, when i click for the second time, the RADLoadingPanel show.

Is RADAJAX is not fully compatible with SharePoint 2010? Any know issue with the RAD tool with SharePoint?
  2. Answer
    Marin
    Admin
    Marin avatar
    1057 posts

Posted 02 Jan 2012 Link to this post

Hello chuin hun,

Depending on the type of your Sharepoint project RadAjaxManager might require additional settings - for example its AjaxSettings should be added in the code behind in the OnLoad event as shown in this help topic. Also RadAjaxPanel is not fully compatible in Sharepoint environment that's why we recommend using RadAjaxManager.

Kind regards,
    Marin
    the Telerik team
    If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
  3. CH
    CH avatar
    48 posts

Posted 02 Jan 2012 Link to this post

Hi,
    Thanks for your reply. I was wondering, even i uses ASPX(Page) not webpart, i still have to follows the setting in the tutorial?

I am using SharePoint 2010 version.
    Regards,
    CH
  4. Marin
    Admin
    Marin avatar
    1057 posts

Posted 03 Jan 2012 Link to this post

Hi,

Yes, when you use an ASPX page you should also add the settings for the RadAjaxManager in the OnLoad event. For webparts you can also override the CreateChildControls method of the web part and add the ajax settings there.

All the best,
    Marin
    the Telerik team
    If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now