This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadGrid Filtering

7 Answers 98 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Tim
Top achievements
Rank 1
Tim asked on 26 Apr 2018, 06:00 PM

Not working for some reason in version 2012.3.1308.35

Getting different error details but essentially boils down to 0x800a139e - JavaScript runtime error: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException:  is neither a DataColumn nor a DataRelation for table .

MasterTableView has AllowFilteringByColumn = "true"...

DataTextField is set to column name from datatable so binding works fine...

Using inside usercontrol with RadAjaxManager (Not the Proxy control)

Becoming a frustrating thing...lol

Any Ideas???

Thanks,

Tim

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Attila Antal
Telerik team
answered on 27 Apr 2018, 07:01 AM
Hi Tim,

According to the error message, there are some server errors that are hidden by AJAX. I am guessing somewhere in the grid, there is a DataField specified that does not exist in the DataSource that is bound to grid.

Try disabling AJAX to get more descriptive errors. I would highly recommend this to be turned off whenever developing an application, thus you will save time and increase productivity.

Kind regards,
Attila Antal
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Tim
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Apr 2018, 01:38 PM

Attila,

Thanks for the idea, unfortunately it didn't help. All columns are correct and I turned off ajax. I still get the same basic message, nothing more informative.

0x800a139e - JavaScript runtime error: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException:  is neither a DataColumn nor a DataRelation for table .https://localhost:44304/ScriptResource.axd?d=kcAp_cL0lJJkZfGPs66zZcmTKG4nh6rGjwl7A454KqvcOHjzrIOhis1rPRav-ltlPaITl8qC-HlzyMgP-8X2p5Tb2uZNf3HOoxGhQ-5mJhpt9HG_HQx9l3GkZL2Fn92yJHAtzX10CtKeBuCw3C1Y3eKth0FWEVU7FJsCdvqHTP33Aa8J0&t=2e2045e2

0x800a139e - JavaScript runtime error: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException:  is neither a DataColumn nor a DataRelation for table .

This almost seems like a file corruption of some kind. Just a guess...

Thanks,

Tim

Attila Antal
Telerik team
answered on 30 Apr 2018, 08:39 AM
Hi Tim,

To be able to give you a more accurate answer, I would advise you to isolate the problem in a sample project and send it to us in a formal support ticket for further invstigation.

We look forward to receiving the sample.

Kind regards,
Attila Antal
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Tim
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Apr 2018, 01:42 PM

I can send you a project with my code in it, but it won't run. I create the columns for the RadGrid dynamically from the database. Would that be helpful to you at all?

Thanks,

Tim

Attila Antal
Telerik team
answered on 03 May 2018, 10:49 AM
Hi Tim,

It would help a lot if I could see the markup of the RadGrid as well the code behind configuration if any. I have prepared a sample project and attached it to my response which you can modify to produce the error and send it back to us.

Kind regards,
Attila Antal
Progress Telerik
Tim
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 May 2018, 01:39 PM

Attila,

I tried sending a zip through here for you to see what I'm doing. But, apparently, .zip is not allowed. Only allowed are .gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .png

The message I was trying to send you below:

Here are the files I'm working with. I don't think I explained my problem well enough though. I'm working with Telerik.Web.UI version 2012.3.1308.35. I'm Dynamically creating the RadGrid columns, not the DataTable columns (I get those from a stored procedure). I do, also, get the data to create the RadGrid columns from the database.

I hope that helps.

Thanks,

Tim

Attila Antal
Telerik team
answered on 09 May 2018, 07:19 AM
Hi Tim,

You may try to attach the sample project without the assembly files, perhaps you have reached the upload limit and that is the reason you are not able to upload the file. Eventually, you can try to change the extension of the file from "filename.zip" to "filename.zip.png" which may trick the system to believe the uploaded file is a PNG.

The latest error message you have sent us, indicates that AJAX is still enabled on the page. Regarding this error, I would suggest to remove AJAX controls (e.g. RadAjaxManager, RadAjaxPanel, UpdatePanel) temporarily from the page and run the application again.

Also, I would advise double-checking the way data is bound to grid. You can visit the following article as a comparison: How to bind RadGrid properly on server-side

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Attila Antal
Progress Telerik
Tags
Grid
Asked by
Tim
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Attila Antal
Telerik team
Tim
Top achievements
Rank 1