This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadGrid Export Problem

5 Answers 46 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
CBARS
Top achievements
Rank 2
CBARS asked on 28 Nov 2008, 01:03 PM
Hi

I have an intermittent problem with the radgrid export, soemtimes the code works and exports, sometimes it just flashes the save prompt and goes back to the grid page without doing anything. here is my code.

protected void cmdExportToExcel_Click(object sender, ImageClickEventArgs e)
        {
            RadGrid1.ExportSettings.ExportOnlyData = true;
            RadGrid1.ExportSettings.IgnorePaging = true;
            RadGrid1.ExportSettings.OpenInNewWindow = true;
            RadGrid1.ExportSettings.FileName = "test";
            RadGrid1.MasterTableView.ExportToExcel();
        }

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Daniel
Telerik team
answered on 28 Nov 2008, 01:16 PM
Hello Marcel,

The best option would be to send us a simple project, illustrating the behavior. Once we examine it locally we can provide you a straight-to-the-point answer.

Kind regards,
Daniel
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
CBARS
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 05 Dec 2008, 12:57 PM
Hi

I cannot replicate the problem, the excel and csv exports are workng 100% now but the export to pdf is not working it looks like it pulls back old chached data or something my code is the same as above but i just export to pdf insted. The pdf generates but it uses old grid data from the previous search. Any idea how i can fix ?

Daniel
Telerik team
answered on 05 Dec 2008, 01:12 PM
Hello Marcel,

Please let me know whether IgnorePaging and ExportOnlyData are true for both cases. (PDF/Excel)

Regards,
Daniel
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
CBARS
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 10 Dec 2008, 01:56 PM
Hi

They are both set to true

Daniel
Telerik team
answered on 15 Dec 2008, 09:50 AM
Hello Marcel,

It's hard to give you specific instructions when I have no idea about the implementation. We will gladly provide a solution if you isolate the problem in a sample website.

It would be helpful to know if you are using simple databinding? (example: RadGrid1.DataBind() on Page_Load event)

Regards,
Daniel
the Telerik team

Tags
Grid
Asked by
CBARS
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Daniel
Telerik team
CBARS
Top achievements
Rank 2