This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadGrid edit forms disabled in SharePoint 2010

7 Answers 77 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Bill
Top achievements
Rank 1
Bill asked on 27 Sep 2012, 04:13 PM
I have several rad grids running in a SharePoint 2007 site. The grids all use popup forms for editing or adding data. They work fine in SharePoint 2007, but I am now upgrading to SharePoint 2010, and they no longer work.

Using Internet Explorer, when I call for a edit form, it does pop-up, but the enter form, including the edit form, is disabled, and no action can be taken anywhere on the page.

Using Firefox or Chrome, the edit form pops up, and is not disabled, but it is also not functional. Pressing buttons on the edit form does not work, neither does any javascript on the form.

Any advice on how to fix this?

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 02 Oct 2012, 11:10 AM
Hi Bill,

This is a known issue with SP 2010 that Microsoft fixed last year. Please, upgrade your SP 2010 instance to at leat the October 2011 cumulative updated.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Tsvetoslav
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Bill
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Oct 2012, 03:19 PM
Thanks for your reply. We are currently running the June 2012 cumulative update for SharePoint 2010, so we should have the update you mentioned.

A little more info: we are using rad controls version 2010.2.929.35. After trial and error, I have been able to solve the problem by adding this to my style sheet:

.GridModal_Office2007

{

width: 0px !important;

height: 0px !important;

}

While that solves the problem, the pop-up is no longer modal - controls on the underlying page can also be edited. I have expermented with various z-indexs for GridModal_Office2007 with no success. I have tried placing it under 2490, between 2490 and 2500 and above 2500, but it seems to have no effect. (Those numbers were determined by examining the styles that exist on the controls - the pop-up is at z-index 2500.)

I would like to find a solution that still allows for the pop-up to be modal.

PS: Since writing this post, I upgraded to version 2012.2.912.35. There is no change in the behavior.
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 05 Oct 2012, 09:18 AM
Hi Bill,

I am somewhat confused - what is described as a scripts-not-functioning problem in the first post is solved through a css rule? Could you elaborate on that, why the css hack got the controls in the edit form to be responsive again? In addition, it'd be great  if you provide a live url of the problem.

Regards,
Tsvetoslav
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Bill
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Oct 2012, 01:24 PM
I apologize if my original post was not clear. My problem is a CSS problem. The site is an internal company site (so I can't provide you with a live URL) and I only have to support Internet Explorer. My problem in IE is a CSS problem. In attempting to explain it in more detail, I also tried the site in FireFox and Chrome, and they did not have the CSS problem, but the scripts did not run. I am not too concerned about the script problem, as I only need to support IE.

The problem is this: When a rad grid uses a modal pop-up for for adding or editing data in the grid, the page is supposed to be disabled, leaving only the pop-up functioning - a modal pop-up. But now that I have upgraded the site to SharePoint 2010, the entire page is disabled, including the pop-up, so no controls are functional.

I have determined that the modal-ness of the page is done by producing a div tag with a z-index of 2490. This div covers the entire screen and uses a filter to to partially obscure the underlying controls. (Chrome does not use a filter, but sets the div's opacitiy to .5) The pop-up has a z-index set to 2500, so it should be on top of the div tag, but in reality, the pop-up is grayed out and non-functional, as if it were under the div tag.

I can fix this by setting the width and height of the div tag to 0, 0. But then the pop-up is no longer modal - all controls on the page are functioning and able to be edited.
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 09 Oct 2012, 07:16 AM
Hi Bill,

Thanks for the clarification. I consulted our frond-end developer supporting RadGrid and unfortunately, the issue in question proves to be a limitation of RadGrid when run under IE 7. I suppose this is the browser version your company uses. I am afraid the only option is to upgraded to IE 8 or higher. Thanks for the understanding.

Regards, Tsvetoslav
the Telerik team
thomson
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Nov 2012, 08:24 AM
We have upgraded the Sharepoint to October 2011 cummulative . Our version says 14.0.6112.5000. But still we have the issue of Embedded Scripts issue. Please advice
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 13 Nov 2012, 11:13 AM
Hello Jacob,

Unfortunately, this is an issue not related to telerik but to Microsoft's CMS. Please, turn to their support for more information as their October cumulative Update solved the issue on our side and it is very difficult to tell what might be going on at your end with SP 2010.

Regards,
Tsvetoslav
the Telerik team
Tags
Grid
Asked by
Bill
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
Bill
Top achievements
Rank 1