This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadGrid Checkbox

1 Answer 52 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Matthew
Top achievements
Rank 1
Matthew asked on 06 Oct 2015, 03:05 PM

I have a requirement to have a Grid of 20+ Configuration items with a check box to show if each item is enabled in our app. A user has to click a global "edit" button held in the masterpage to enable the grid for editing and then click a global "save" icon, also in the master page which would then write the data back to the database.  I've spent the last 8 hours searching for something similar only to be confounded with template column issues where i cant disable them on page load and gridcheckcolumns that i cant enable on clicking the "edit" button.

Please can somebody point be in the right direction

Thanks

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Viktor Tachev
Telerik team
answered on 07 Oct 2015, 11:41 AM
Hi Matthew,

In order to implement similar behavior you could use RadGrid in Batch Editing mode. This mode enables you to edit multiple cells in RadGrid and submit the changes in a single request to the server. Check out the following online example that illustrates the approach:

You can also save the changes via an external button like described in the thread below:

In order to make the grid non-editable you can use a flag. This flag can be changed by the "edit" button you mentioned. In addition you can handle the OnBatchEditOpening client-side event of RadGrid and cancel it depending on the flag value.

Regards,
Viktor Tachev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Grid
Asked by
Matthew
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Viktor Tachev
Telerik team
Share this question
or