This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

radeditor width 100%

3 Answers 140 Views
Editor
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jean-Marc
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jean-Marc asked on 17 Jul 2013, 08:36 AM

Hi,
I set width=100%, because I want that my editor resizes every time I do the resize of my browser window, like responsive layout. (I would set a minimum width of 600px)
But it does not work: the editor does not resize and the scrollbars appear.how can I do? thanks

to be more clear: I want to act like when it opens in full screen mode!

<
telerik:RadEditor

Width="100%"

Height="750px"

ID="RadEditor1" Skin="Silk"

Runat="server"

ToolsFile="/Admin/DocumentsManagementV3/xml/ToolsFile.xml"

SkinID="DefaultSetOfTools">

</telerik:RadEditor>

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vessy
Telerik team
answered on 18 Jul 2013, 09:00 AM
Hello Jean,

By design RadEditor does not support size in percentages and this is why its size is not reset when browser window is resized.

The only possible approach I could suggest you is to implement your all Client-Side logic on the Editor's load and the window resize events. In this function you could take the current size of the browser window and set it as a width of the RadEditor control by using its setSize() method. You can do it in a similar way:
<telerik:RadEditor Width="100px" Height="750px" ID="RadEditor1" Skin="Silk" runat="server" OnClientLoad="resizeEditor"
    _ToolsFile="/Admin/DocumentsManagementV3/xml/ToolsFile.xml" _SkinID="DefaultSetOfTools">
</telerik:RadEditor>
<script type="text/javascript">
    Sys.Application.add_load(function () {
        window.onresize = resizeEditor;
    })

function resizeEditor() {
        var editor = $find("<%=RadEditor1.ClientID %>");
        //set the width and height of the RadEditor
        var windowWidth = $telerik.$(window).width();
        var editorHeight = $telerik.$("#" + editor.get_id()).height();
        editor.setSize(windowWidth - 20, editorHeight);
    }
</script>

Note, that if the initially set width of the Editor is configured in percentages the code above will not work. I hope this helps.

Regards,
Veselina Raykova
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Waseem
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Jun 2019, 08:23 AM

Dear i have one small issue, html editor width is not 100%, how to fix this issue. 

Regards

Waseem

Vessy
Telerik team
answered on 24 Jun 2019, 03:40 PM
Hi Waseem,

You can see a possible way to avoid this behavior in the following forum post:
https://www.telerik.com/forums/get-textarea-bounds-5d3cde3383b7#DO2v-4Zs-0WKqOf-zOqHEA

Regards,
Vessy
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Tags
Editor
Asked by
Jean-Marc
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vessy
Telerik team
Waseem
Top achievements
Rank 1