There seems to be an issue with the "Strip Span Elements" tool when pasting content into the editor in Design mode.
I have made a screencast demonstrating the issue available here: https://www.screencast.com/t/1OZ1huYPde8H
- Open a RadEditor demo that has the "Strip Span Elements" option like the Overview or the Right Editor in this demo.
- In a word document create text that when pasted into the editor has spans, for example changing the background color or the text color.
- Copy the text from the document into the "Design" mode of the editor.
- Select the text you would like to strip span's from (I used all of the text in the screencast example).
- Use the "Strip Span Elements" button.
- Switch the editor mode to HTML(The spans are not stripped).
- Switch back to design mode.
- Select the text you would like to remove spans from again.
- Use the "Strip Span Elements" button. The spans are now stripped.
Expected result: Strip Span Elements option removes <span> tags from html directly after pasting into design mode.
Actual result: Strip Span Elements option does not remove <span> tags on pasted text in the design mode until you navigate to HTML mode then back to design mode.
Any help and suggestions are appreciated.