This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
RadEditor, SQL Server and Multi Lingual/Alphabet Support
2 Answers 25 Views
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Darren Ratcliffe
Top achievements
Rank 1
Darren Ratcliffe asked on 16 Mar 2009, 10:40 AM
Hello

I've built a CMS using RadEditor as the HTML editor for page conent, and one of my customers has requested that the site is multi-lingual - these languages being English, Greek, Russian and Arabic... so all different alphabets.

I've just tried cutting and pasting in some russian copy to the cms, and this rendered fine on-screen, but seems to have been stored in the database as a series of question marks like this :  ???? ???? ??????

(HTML tags are stored fine)

This looks to be more of a SQL issue, but I was wondering if anybody had any good pointers?

Thanks

Darren

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
0
Accepted
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 19 Mar 2009, 02:59 PM
Hello Darren,

You should make sure that the content is saved with UTF-8 encoding and that your database column is of ntext or nchar type.

You can find more information here: http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet/editor/appearanceofoddcharactersaftersavingradeditorscontentindatabase.html


Best wishes,
Rumen
the Telerik team


Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
0
Darren Ratcliffe
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Mar 2009, 02:04 PM
Thanks very much - just a simple pointer to add to your post - if you're using a middle-tier code generation platform such as LLBL Gen, make sure you re-compile your data access layer :)
Asked by
Darren Ratcliffe
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Rumen
Telerik team
Darren Ratcliffe
Top achievements
Rank 1
Share this question
or