This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadEditor setting Width incorrectly to 1000px

4 Answers 112 Views
Editor
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Stuart Tlrk
Top achievements
Rank 1
Stuart Tlrk asked on 17 Mar 2012, 08:21 AM

Hi

I have a Radeditor in a table below, with a defined fixed width of 400px

<
telerik:RadEditor ID="radMyEditor" runat="server" Width="400px" Skin="Windows7" ContentAreaMode="Div" AutoResizeHeight="false" EnableResize="false" ToolsFile="~\Controls\Telerik\RadEditorButtons.xml" StripFormattingOnPaste="MSWordRemoveAll" ContentFilters="RemoveScripts, FixUlBoldItalic, FixEnclosingP, IECleanAnchors, MozEmStrong, ConvertFontToSpan, ConvertToXhtml, IndentHTMLContent, OptimizeSpans, ConvertCharactersToEntities">

Viewing source, the HTML renders initially at 400px, on IE

<div id="ctl00_MainContent_radObituary" class="RadEditor Windows7 reWrapper" style="height:400px;width:400px;">

However, it seems telerik runs a 'fix up script' after the page loading changes the width of the editor to 1000px. When viewing the page with IE 9 Dev Tools, the div has now become:

<div class="RadEditor Windows7 reWrapper" id="ctl00_MainContent_radObituary" style="width: 1000px; height: 394px; min-height: 394px; min-width: 400px;">

(The 1000px comes from inline, and is not inherited from a CSS)

So where does the 1000px come from? How can I stop this "post load" fix up step?
This problem only seems to happen in IE.

Thanks

Stuart

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stuart Tlrk
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Mar 2012, 08:21 PM
Update : This is only with IE (I've got 9). FF11 and Chrome17 are fine.

The issue is to do with the RadEditor's ToolBar. In IE it never 'wraps' and tries to display all tools in one row, and then widens the edit control to as wide as the toolbar is. This doesn't happen in FF or Chrome.

Setting the toolbarmode to floating, page top, or show on focus prevents the issue, but my customer requires this inline.
Hard setting the ToolsWidth property has no effect either.

Telerik Version is Ajax 2011.1.315.40

Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 21 Mar 2012, 02:14 PM
Hello,

I tried to reproduce the problem but to no avail. Could you please test the latest version 2012.1.215 and if the problem still persists, to isolate it in a simple working project and send it for examination via a support ticket?

My suggestion is to also test the Iframe content area mode (ContentAreaMode="Iframe") and see whether the problem exists in it.

Regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Ana
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Aug 2012, 09:49 AM
Hello,

Is there any fix for this? I am seeing a similar problem in IE, when i fire spellcheck and the Suggestion section appears, the iframe generated by radEditor overlaps the radeditor section and this only happens in IE. I see that the generated iframe seems to be bigger with the width of the toolbar.I am using the latest release for radEditor.
Thank you
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 13 Aug 2012, 01:59 PM
Hello,

Could you please try the following code to resize the editor:

<script type="text/javascript">
function OnClientLoad(editor, args)
{
editor.add_spellCheckLoaded(
function()
{
var spell = editor.get_ajaxSpellCheck();
spell.add_spellCheckStart(
function(sender, args)
{
editor._updateEditorSize(editor.get_element().style.height);
});
} );
}
</script>
<telerik:RadEditor ID="RadEditor1" Runat="server" OnClientLoad="OnClientLoad"></telerik:RadEditor>

If it does not work, please, isolate the problem in a simple working project and send it for examination via a support ticket.

Best regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
Editor
Asked by
Stuart Tlrk
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stuart Tlrk
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rumen
Telerik team