This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadEditor Q1 2007 and IE9

2 Answers 57 Views
Editor
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ivajlo Tchobanov
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ivajlo Tchobanov asked on 31 Mar 2011, 08:46 AM
Hi,
RadEditor (Q1 2007) does not work with IE9. After loading a page that has RadEditor, every click with the mouse produces an error:
Microsoft JScript runtime error: Unable to get value of the property 'width': object is null or undefined.

In some cases the control is 'locked', or at least nothing can be edited.

There are some problems with RadAjaxManager and RadEditor under Firefox and Chrome, but these problems are solvable.
I know that Q12007 is a very old version, but it has worked great. Until now :-(

With the exception of the standard response to upgrade version, is there any solution?

Best Regards
Ivajlo

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 31 Mar 2011, 12:14 PM
Hello Ivajlo,

RadEditor 2007 for ASP.Net  does neither IE8, nor IE9 which were released later. If you experience any  problems in IE8 or IE9, you can put the following meta tag

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=7" />

in the head of your page and it will be rendered in IE7 mode in the newer IE versions, which should fix the problem.

However, the recommended approach is to upgrade to the new RadEditor for ASP.NET AJAX, which is more stable, provides support for the latest browsers versions and a lot of new features and bug fixes. Migration instructions are available in this help article: Migration from RadEditor Classic to RadEditor for ASP.NET AJAX.

Kind regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team
Ivajlo Tchobanov
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Mar 2011, 02:22 PM
10x a lot Rumen

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=7.5" />
works for me and the problem with IE9 is solved by now :-)

I intend to update Telerik suite, but it should be done very carefully.

Ivajlo
Tags
Editor
Asked by
Ivajlo Tchobanov
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Rumen
Telerik team
Ivajlo Tchobanov
Top achievements